clutch change?? and exhaust tips

fatal8446

Reaction score
right guys im on for changing my clutch at the begining of next month I have a two post lift at my disposal and was wondering what i need to do? can i drop the box without taking the engine out..... as with my veccy it was an engine drop. Im gunna go with a standard oem clutch unless anyone knows of a better one for the sameish money. getting a longlife done next month two.

so show me yer pipes

I have just been quoted £400 inc VAT for a box and subframe attack on my A4 for the clutch replacement.

I have a Southbend stage 4 going in. under a $1000 for clutch and new DM flywheel. Less if you go single mass

i just did my clutch and i went the engine out route as i had no ramp. good if you have other things that need doing at the same time.

OUCh £400, its only a days work to drop the engine out and change the clutch. Good time to check the oilpump and timing belts etc too

ah ******, was hopeing not to have to pull the engine if posible, a oem clutch is good for around 250-300 bhp or so aint it?

get me one...........!!!!!! i will love you for ever, cheapest i seem to be able to fine one is a ton +

just read that again. sorry i dont feel your mate would appreciate being up heaved and sent my way in a jiffy bag

i just went for a valeo standard clutch kit. cost £122 inc vat. if your timing belt is due soon and you take the engine out do it at the same time.

My clutch fit cost me £60.

Good having mates rates!!

where?
Mine is going to pop before my other block is ready which is not ideal so any cost cutting would be a god send.
did you do yours or just slip someone some cash.
I am in Edinburgh as well so would be interested

A guy I know down in Haddington, East Lothian.

Would be a bit of a trek for you but if will be cheaper then may be worth it. And since they did mine will have some prior knowledge of the job.

Can give you more details on friday but if you have all the parts (new flywheel bolts etc) he should be able to sort something out for you I guess.

fatal: while its all apart you should be thinking about changing the flywheel, and probably replacing it with a single mass unit.

The chances of the DMF being in decent condition once the cars this old is pretty slim, and if the clutch is slipping then it will be an even slimmer chance.

Yeah I. Can only pull about 6psi boost befor it slips and the engine revs with **** all power being transfered to the wheels