FREE MOT from Audi.co.uk

jesters3

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Saw this on the A2 forum so had a look, registered my car and printed off the voucher. As the car is 7 years old and 174k on the clock I thought it may fail on something. Took it into Newbury Audi this morning and they did a while you wait service. Had a couple of cups of coffee, watched TV, checked my email and relaxed. Just over the hour later they came and found me; the car had passed and best bit was nothing to pay. So thank you very much! So definitely worth a go if you car is due it's MOT soon. Cheers all

was just about to ask if anyone had used this service, mine is due in a month so going to book it in v soon. If they find anything is there a clause that they have to fix it or do you jut get a fail and the car back. Only thing I could think may be iffy is the self leveling headlights???

My MOT was due on 18/04/2009 - so I thought I would do it now to make sure. Plus if they failed it I could still drive away with a MOT still valid incase they said otherwise. As far as I can see in the T&Cs there is no stipulation that you have to use them to fix the work should it fail on something - they will however quote you first and go from there if you want to proceed with them.

If you have to take a retest you would then have to pay, however I also found that Nationwide was doing a half price MOT so if my car failed at Audi, I would have got it repaired locally and then take it to Nationwide for a half price test.

I used my free MOT in Feb. My car failed on rear brake discs and pads. So had to fork out 225 quid to get it to pass!

Think im going to do my rear discs and pads before I take it as they look worn i.e a large lip appearing. Other than that I can`t see a issue so may try them

i wouldnt waste my time taking it to audi . If you know someone in the trade ;)

I used my free MOT in Feb. My car failed on rear brake discs and pads. So had to fork out 225 quid to get it to pass!

did you have the option to take it somewhere else to get the work done?

i wouldnt waste my time taking it to audi . If you know someone in the trade ;)

Sorry but I did as it made complete sense to do it - I'm afraid I don't know someone in the trade to do one on the sly, but even then you would owe your mate, where as I owe no one. So frankly I didn't waste my time taking it to Audi. Fact.

saw the thread rang up saturday car booked in for good friday ill just hope it is a good friday and a free one?

My MOT was due on 18/04/2009 - so I thought I would do it now to make sure. Plus if they failed it I could still drive away with a MOT still valid incase they said otherwise. As far as I can see in the T&Cs there is no stipulation that you have to use them to fix the work should it fail on something - they will however quote you first and go from there if you want to proceed with them.

If you have to take a retest you would then have to pay, however I also found that Nationwide was doing a half price MOT so if my car failed at Audi, I would have got it repaired locally and then take it to Nationwide for a half price test.

If your car had failed you don't have a valid MOT cert regardless of whether you've had it tested in advance. It's failed an MOT and so the only place you can drive it legally is for a retest or repair elsewhere prior to retest.

Of course MOT check or service prior to MOT test is different but the free MOT is defo a way of generating repair business, at extortionate labour rates (for example the £225 for rear pads and discs in this thread!).

If your car had failed you don't have a valid MOT cert regardless of whether you've had it tested in advance. It's failed an MOT and so the only place you can drive it legally is for a retest or repair elsewhere prior to retest.

Of course MOT check or service prior to MOT test is different but the free MOT is defo a way of generating repair business, at extortionate labour rates (for example the £225 for rear pads and discs in this thread!).

Didn't know that and a good heads up to anyone thinking the same. I just presumed that as I have a valid MOT cert it would be all good even if it fails. I'm glad it did pass then! I hear you on the extortionate labour rates £99 + VAT per hour takes the **** and then makes you drink it.

I'll be making use of this service in a couple of months, if it passes its saved £50 - can't ask for better than that.