sony changer to concert stereo - crackling

adamgroves

Reaction score
just connected by sony t69 changer to my audi concert stereo using a connects2 adaptor, i earthed the black wire from the connects to to the stereo where the brown connector goes on the back, the brown connector is no kinger connected. Now whenever i change track and turn the volume up and down i get a crackling /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif ??

You need to reconnect the brown connector, it is the earth to the HU's chassis.

Will this definatly solve the crackling problem cos i emailed connects2 and they said that its known problem with the concert stereos and that i would have send it to audio to be repaired. It only crackles with the cd changer not with the radio which makes me think they're just fobbing me off.

Anybody had this problem?

Can't be certain it will cure the problem. I fitted a Panasonic changer to my mates A3Q and we had no end of trouble isolating engine interference which was only present on CD. It was related to earthing the HU, but also the fact that the audi bus cable isn't shielded properly and this carries the lo level audio from the changer. Had to hard wire a quality RCA cable directly into the HU to get rid of it.

well tried reconnecting the other earth too, didnt work, what adaptor does everybody else use to connect their sony changers to the audi headunit? think i might try a different make if there are any others on the market?