tailgate

Haglos

jabba mapped
Reaction score
how you doing people just a quick question

the previous owner of my s3 changed the tailgate as i was a stolen recovered car so it was missing so he changed it but the lock on it is completely different it is a 2000 audi s3

was there a change at somepoint with the facelift model as i know that mine should be run by vacuum.

im stuck with it as i cant get into the boot area through the front i have to drop the seats

any help would be greatefull

Yes, the facelift Bootlid has the boot handle flush with the boot and it electric operated I think? Pre-facelift like mine has the bootlid handle sticking out a little and a lever underneath it to open.

ok thanks so my best bet is to change the boot lid or could i do something with the wires

ok thanks so my best bet is to change the boot lid or could i do something with the wires

I would try and source a facelift bootlid, as i'm pretty sure it's solenoid activated to open, and I think it has a rubber type button under the rear handle, not mechanical like mine.

yeah thats wat i have on it at the moment a facelift tailgate and i have the old lock for the original tailgate. so do u think i could wire it some how to work

yeah thats wat i was thinking but the prefacelift bita are different like the part which the actual boot lock sit in has different curves on it to fit the boot does anyone have any pics of both facelift and prefacelift so i know what the colours of wires are as i have both looms cheers