Help...8JX18H2 ET43 5/112

gruf

Reaction score
will they fit 1996 a4 avant 2.6 auto with no modding

i still dont know if they fit

5x112 means they will fit i just don't know about the offset.

they should fit.

You may need a 5 or 10mm spacer depending on the tyres etc to clear the suspension/arches

they will go on but I'm not sure about clearing suspension and stuff.

the tyre size is 235/40/18 but he did say they are 7.5 j

Not sure if this helps, but I have some 19"x8J wheels with 225/35/19 tyres. There is more than enough space all around the wheels. I was pleasantly suprised :D They do have an offset of 32 though :S... They're not suppose to fit, but do.

it dont help..lol
but its getting fun.
i think i will just buy them and if i dont like em i will have to sell em

haha! oh well, worth a try.

well, hope you find what you want and they fit nicely!:D

Anything can be made to fit bud. They shouldn't be far off at all, at worst a wee bit of spacing could be needed, nothing drastic though, go for it!

i ran the same size on a quattro. no problem

If cheap enough, buy them. If they're too far inboard, and foul the suspension, then an 8mm spacer would do the trick.

Regular A4 wheels are around the ET 43 mark in 16" guise, but with an 8,5" width, ET 35 will be fine.

Thanks mate, i never got them, i nearly did but then i asked the question have they been refurbed it took him an hour to answer, i half new he was going to say yes.
he did so i didnt bother.

its not a problem as such, it depends on the quailty of the refurb,
if i said i will sell you a car its just been sprayed would you want to look how good the spary is or would you say without looking at it i'll have that coz its just been sprayed.
also you want to see the state of my mates bird when she aint been sprayed in the morning..lol

they would have fit

I fitted 8x18 et48 with 225 40s to a fwd A4 with no issues

edit

infact they are in my sig below !

I wouldn't hesitate to buy a refurbished set of wheels.

It took him an hour to answer - like most people, (including myself) he's probably very busy, and doesn't spend a lot of time in front of a PC.

If he has a number, probably best to call and ask all you'd like to know.

I would. set I bought a while back had been so badly done that the laquer started coming off.
powdercoating is the only way I will look at them now

I would. set I bought a while back had been so badly done that the laquer started coming off.
powdercoating is the only way I will look at them now

thats why i wont buy refurb,
the wheels in the picture are refurb, i bought them the other NIGHT.....
when i had a look at them the next morning they were rotten.
i took them back and got my money back.
the fella selling the 18's was 150 miles away so i couldnt go round and have a quick look thats why i never bought them, and he never had a number to ring.
they might of been the best refurb in the world.
until youve seen them in person i wouldnt buy them. have look at them in the pictures, by the looks of it you would think they were brand new, the were dipped in acid, cleaned and powder coated but they still looked like cack
7e98_1.JPG