my bottom end has blown ??????????

tasty muffin

tasty muffin
Reaction score
omg what the hell oil pressure light came on today and car doesnt sound well
just been told the bottom end could be shot not sure why anybody had probs like this in the past im driving a 2005 2.0tdi a4 avant just had it serviced last month :rtfm: anybody help

I've got a gearbox bearing gone in mine, i'm still running it though but Audi won't replace it under warranty as my car was lowered and with non standard wheels!

Tbh though I just fkin laughed at the service guy who tried to tell me some old crap about the driveshafts going in at an angle causing wear on the casing. They promptly charged me for an hours labour TO REMOVE THE GEARBOX and investigate the fault. Yes you heard me right, remove, diagnose and put back on a gearbox in 1 hour!!

Anyway, i'm going to write a letter to Audi HQ asking for my hours labour charge back as I put the car up on the ramp at work and there is not a single spanner/ratchet mark on any gearbox bolt. I will also speak to them about the gearbox bearing as it's cleary not linked to the lowering at all as the bearing that has gone is at the rear of the gearbox.

If I was you i'd be on the phone to your local dealer if they are less than helpfull contact Audi HQ direct, i think they are in Milton Keynes.

Any more info? Who told you it could be the bottom end? Is the car still running? What engine and how many miles?

If you don't get much joy with Audi UK try Audi in Germany, I know people who have had much more luck with them, and they speak good English when they answer the phone apparently!

0049 800 28 347 378 423
service@audi.de

just had it confirmed oil pump blown to pieces what a load of rubbish 80k only and regular services also i can only get a main dealer part £680.00 + vat then the cost of fitting garage told me 9 hours labour

I feel your pain buddy, They wanted £3700 from me for my gearbox, I laughed and told them to shove it. They certainly not the brand they used to be.

Does it have FASH? have you spoken to Audi about a goodwill gesture as it barely out of warranty?

Is it 3 years or 60k?