worth buying 2005 audi from Approved audi delearship?

Duncan

Reaction score
Website
www.skynews.com
have heard mixed things about buying a 2005 tdi DSG direct from audi or from an independant garage

is it worth possibly paying a bit extra and buying it from audi?

will they offer a better warranty?

will probably buy this car quite a long way away from where i live if that makes a difference

Mate, just as a quick tip... I see you've started a few threads in the last couple of days basically discussing the same topic (buying a second hand A3 TDI).
Probably best to keep them all in the same thread. I'll say it before a moderator does! lol.

I bought my A3 200 miles away on the South coast in order to get the best deal on the right car. Buying from Audi does offer a bit more security as it's 'their car' should anything go wrong. Also the car has undergone Audi's range of safety and quality checks prior to being sold. That also looks better come resale time. Ordinarily i'd say you'll pay a premium going to Audi but i recon you'll be able to hammer them down on price at the moment. So my advice would be to get the best deal you can from Audi.

I got my A4 (2005) from York Audi. I'd spent a lot of time looking and I was after a low mileage minter to last me a good 4 or 5 years. The only one I could find was at Audi.

The whole buying experience was great and I only paid £500 more than the nearest independant, and got a full Audi backed warrenty with breakdown....compared to some cheapo warrenty direct/AA/RAC type one that the independent garage would have thrown in.

It is better to have it from Audi as if anything goes wrong, you take it straight back and audi cars are approve so 98% of the time they will be mint and prob free!

I say 98% as a member on here had a bit of a prob on his bodywork on his S3.

But if you can get it from Audi, then that would be better. But when i bought mine, the equivalent one was £3k more in Audi so i just bought mine and since, just had a prb witht the IMF (intake manifold flap).

With garages, make sure on the warranty that they pay the diagnostic fee's as some dont and you have to which can cost a bomb. Usually, if its a good warranty, you cant go wrong with an independant garage, it can be just as good as audi but they may not use genuine parts...

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…