Detatchable Towbar With S3 Bumper

Lance-22

A3TDI
Reaction score
Hi all, i recently purchased a westfalia detatchable towbar for my a3. I understand that when fitting a detatchable towbar you must order a part from Audi for the rear bumper in order for it to fit correctly. The only problem i have is that ive got an S3 rear bumper and when i rang Audi before he said it listed no part for the S3 bumper only for standard and s-line. Does anyone on here have an S3 with a detatchable towbar? Im wondering whether it will just fit straight on with the S3 bumper? Or whether the s-line part will fit ok? Audi cant help me so im praying someone on here can..

bump - im still stuck with this and this forum is my only hope..i was going to pm nhn but he says to post threads as im sure he has an s3 rear bumper with detatchable towbar? thanks in advance for any help you can give..

S3 doesnt have the lower valance for the towbar, its either sport or sline, you need to order the sline one as its same uppers, then it will fit fine, I know cause I did on my a3 sport & I at 1st got a sport version, cause said no S3 ones then I saw Sline was available, I had to mod to fit given mines pre 05 facelift, where as yours is a direct fit without mods, so order sline rear lower valance with towbar flap etc, they cant feck that up trust me as its obvious in ETKA

S3 doesnt have the lower valance for the towbar, its either sport or sline, you need to order the sline one as its same uppers, then it will fit fine, I know cause I did on my a3 sport & I at 1st got a sport version, cause said no S3 ones then I saw Sline was available, I had to mod to fit given mines pre 05 facelift, where as yours is a direct fit without mods, so order sline rear lower valance with towbar flap etc, they cant feck that up trust me as its obvious in ETKA

your knowledge never fails to amaze me, fit the part today no problems, just need to get it sprayed and get the towbar on..thanks again mate, your help is always hugely appreciated :icon_thumright:

One tries ones best, now back to these fecking IP network cameras been ******* around with all day.

Just made me think, you do know the detach towbar(oem that is) needs the rear bumper removed anyway & the bump bar replaced with the metal bracket that the detach part pushed onto, its held on by 2 bolts either side so rear wheels of & the bolt holes are most likely covered up with some form of rubber sealant as the underside of the car is, so case of find the holes, lol, took what an hour at most to fit it all.