Brake Problem

muzzyboy

Reaction score
Hi guys,

FItted new rear calipers to the S3. One was fitted last week and bled fine, the other we tried to fit today but cant get it bled at all. Carrying out normal bleeding procedured and everything seems ok, hard pedal etc etc until i start the engine. When i depress the pedal theres nothing there at all. Straight to the floor and straight back up. There is also a slight clicking noise coming from up near the master cylinder.

My mechanic noticed a bleed nipple on the master cylinder. Does this have to be bled aswell? The fact that the n/s/r bled fine and now the o/s/r isnt is a bit baffling. We're going to bleed the master, and then all four brakes tomorrow to see if this solves the problem. Other than this, all we can think of is the seals have gone on the master but this is only 7 months old as it was replaced last May!

Any ides?

Cheers, Paul.

Pushing the pedal right to the floor may have flipped or broken one of the rubber cups in one of the the master cylinder chambers, thus effecting one half of the circuit. Usually this type is pressure bled. Try bleeding the master cylinder to see if that makes a difference.