How much to replace wheel bearing??

Keefo

Reaction score
Hi all, my car needs to have one of the front wheel bearings replaced, how much am i looking at to have this done?

Also one of the front lights has a tiny hole in it so that would need replacing, how much do single headlights usualy cost?

Im also going to book it in for a service and was wondering how much an average service costs for a car with 137k miles on it, its already had oil chance and a new filter fitted a few miles ago.

So probobly just needs pads i think...

Wheel bearing a lot I would guess at but don't know I'm afraid. Haldex oil and filter might need doing and would do the brake fluid aswell.

just had a look on ebay and the bearings are pretty cheap.... but again, fitting mite be alot, going to phone for some quotes in a few mins.

And whats a Haldex?? lol

not expensive had mine done when the suspension was done

I had one bearing done on the S4 before & it cost £40 for the bearing from a main dealer & another £20 from a mate of mine to do it. surprisingly easy to do, only an hour or so to do it.

I'll guess the main stealers will charge around the £200 for that then...

Iv just phoned a garage and have been quoted £200 for the bearing to be replaced and a service :) woooo not too bad i think!

Not a bad price, i would get them to check the haldex oil and filter as well. Wheel bearings are easy to replace on the S3 witht the correct tools.

as i said above... what a haldex haha

will tell them tho!

correct tools, anything special? i suspect one of mine will be replaced soon,and i will be doing it myself.

Some form of press or a big vice. Every thing else is stright forward

cheers mate, have plenty of presses at work so should not be too much of a pain.