Rear Valance

simon1303

Reaction score
i need to get a new rear valance for my 96 t sport saloon as it used to havea tow bar and i took it off and its left an ugly cut out in mine. main dealer wants £60 + vat for a new one.

my questions is are the rear valances on the saloons the same for all years? just wondering if i manage to find one at a breakers yard i dont want to buy the wrong one

thanks in advance

Si

Simon, any A4 sedan from '95 - '98 will have the same valance as your car.

It only changed midway through the '99 model year (T registered cars), when the B5 cars had a mild facelift.

The facelift cars can be identified by their door handles, single-piece headlamps, side repeaters and different switch gear in the centre console.

Siena, JCB has pm'd me with the offer of buying a face lift rear valance. just wanted to check, will this not fit my car?

you may need the entire rear bumper, rather than just the trim part at the bottom.

I'm not sure how they differ pre/post facelift.

it will fit but you need the appropriate bumper hangers at the side. luckily I have those too... ;)

As far as I know, the pre and post-facelift rear bumpers have different valances, slightly different profile, and IIRC, the fitting tabs on both don't line up with the slots in the different bumpers.

ah well it was worth a try, dont want to get in to swapping bumpers as mine is fine and cant justify painting a bumper just to have a new valance