Chips Away

JohnboyC

Reaction score
Hi...
have any of you guys used Chips Away to get rid of very minor dents in bumbers and bodywork ?......

I also did a minor scuff on my rear nearside 18" RS6's last week (that will teach me for reversing up in narrow road in the pitch dark :no:)...are the Chips Away alloy refurbs OK as well ?

Hi mate,

My ex-mrs used them once on her Toyota Yaris. They came to her work (in Slough) and all looked good when they had finished. BUT - we found the job to be very cosmetic and not the real deal. imo if you need bodywork done then take the car to a bodyshop.

Used them for scrapes above a wheel arch on VW Golf - they came out to sort getting right paint colour, and then arranged time to come out, were on time and got job done, 2 hours or so, was about 125 pounds. Decent job.

Hi mate,

My ex-mrs used them once on her Toyota Yaris. They came to her work (in Slough) and all looked good when they had finished. BUT - we found the job to be very cosmetic and not the real deal. imo if you need bodywork done then take the car to a bodyshop.

Yeah I had the same experience, pretty much paid £50 for a Chipsaway guy to polish out a couple of scratchs. The job was really good but over a month or two the polish wore off revealing the scratchs again. Probably better to spend a little bit more money and get it done properly..

I used them for a variety of chips, scuffs and dents on our old Bora and was very happy with the results. They're not as good as a proper bodyshop butu you get what you pay for. I had about 10 different bits fixed for about £250. I'd probably have been twice that or more at a proper bodyshop.

For a minor repair, say to move the car on, then yes, go for Chipsaway. But if it's for a long term repair on your own car, and you are quite fussy, then I would stick to a decent bodyshop... they aren't that much of a price difference once you mention the magic words 'cash price' when asking for a quote.