Suspension questions..

LaSarthe&Back

Reaction score
Evening all! This will be quite a long post, so please bear with me. :)

In preparation for the weekend's spannering (CV boot, springs, shocks and ARBs), i'm looking in to a few things.

1. the standard rear shocks have caps on the top. Are these to be replaced? I'm imagining they are similar to top mounts for the front. Any body who's done the lot care to comment?

2. Will standard replacement drop links fit? I've seen a few threads re Eibach ARB's and they seem to fit, so i'm going with them. Correct me if I'm wrong.

3. I've got a spreader tool for the front struts, is there any other tools that I need for this job?

4. Will the bolts etc for the rear ARB bolt to the shocks and ARB fine? I've seen pics of Eibach's fitted and it looks pretty simple. These bolts are included with the kit, right?

5. Do I need a tool to get the drive shaft out of the gearbox? or will just a mallet do?

Thanks for reading (if you got this far) and all/any help appreciated. :thumbsup:

Thanks again,
Andy

1,didnt replace the caps,
2, dunno but should do
3, you need a socket that you can hold with a spanner and get a allen key down the middle. its either 16 or 17mm can`t remember right now can check in the morning.
4. cant remember needing new ones.
5, inner or outer cv boot if its the outer you dont need to take it out of the gearbox but may need new track rod end nuts. If its the inner dont they split with torx or spline bolts ??? havn`t done a inner. but you do need a tool to do the cv clamps up. pincers will do but may not be a good job.

Thanks for the reply!

3. don't have one of those. Will an offset ring spanner work?
gd2set7.jpg

5. It's the inner CV boot. I've got the spline bolts M6 all the way up to something like M18. Bolts are M12 IIRC. Do you have/could you link a picture of the tool?

Thanks again!
Andy

sorry been busy today doing my cam belt. Its a 21mm socket I believe a spark plug socket can be got in this size I just bought a cheapy and ground 2 flats on it. Couldn`t get my ring spanners in. Ikk take a photo of the tool in the morning.