My S4 Avant.

AdamB

-
Reaction score
Where do I start? Bought the car from a guy on the Isle of Wight where unfortunatley there aren't many (read none!) roads to test a high powered car on! The car felt slow but I'd read up on the S4 and had heard that as it was heavy it didn't feel very fast. So, good deal done I drove the car home but wasn't too impressed. Raced the wife in her new (my old) Leon Cupra and she spanked me, every time :keule:

So. had the car on a rolling road and it was running 147bhp, no wonder! New maf and dvs sonn had the car back to 320 and feeling fine, but as you all know it doesn't feel fast for long :shrug:

The car has now had numerous engine pulls, hit a dustbin wagon and a deer and is now being pulled again due to a blown driver's side turbo at the Ring a few weeks ago. Running cost over the last few years is probably over 18K but every time I drive it, it all makes sense. I've raced a 997T and won (up to 160mph) and an F430 at the Ring pulled in behind me when he couldn't get passed on the long Kesslechen stretch :whip:

Spec is, and it's a long one:

MRC 400 kit, comprising 600cc injectors, Bosch 044 fuel pump, K04 turbos, Milltek 100CPSI dual system (soon to be replaced with cat-less dps), MRC ceramic manifolds. MRC compression lowering head gaskets, MRC FMIC, MRC oil cooler, MRC remap, phenolic spacers, APR Bi-pipe, RS4 clutch, Tanoga S/S, H&R ARBs, H&R coilovers, MRC rear ARB brackets, RS4 B7 discs and Brembo 8 pot callipers (front), S8 discs (rear)
I also have an RS4 grill, Zender roof spoiler, Pole Position bucket seats, OZ Superleggera seats and Carbon Bonnet with TJMotorsport pins.

There's probably more but I forget nowadays :unsure:

Engine's out at the moment and I'm going to get the gearbox and the synchros serviced while I can. Last Rolling Road day at Surrey RR gave 484bhp and 520lbft. I'm running a conservative MAP as I track the car a bit, Minhea at MRC says we could get over 510bhp if I ran the car on the road only. Unfortunately EGTs get too high during track sessions for them to want to run that kind of MAP.

Some pics,not that I have many :sorry:

FMIC install...

FMIC_001.jpg

FMIC_002.jpg

FMIC_003.jpg

And finally some action shots...

ADI Castle Combe 07...

Adam_2901.jpg

Adam_2892.jpg

Nurburgring Easter 08...

NurburgringEaster2008.jpg

20080323touri0967.jpg

20080323touri0966.jpg

And finally Sept 08...

Ring15-09.jpg

149_1949.jpg

149_1950.jpg

Very nice car mate, all the right bits, in all the right places! Damn I wish my wallet was bigger........

thats awesome, think i'll be looking for a black quattro avant when we replace the current car next year.

One thing, the moody black look would be finished off nicely if you "joey modded" the headlights.

Take a look at mine to see what i mean: http://lr90.org/Audi/lights