MTM Bimoto

r18jsh

Reaction score
Evening all,

New to the forum and after the long wait i have had my s3 for a month now. And already the modding bug has bit me :L

Already got it booked in for revo remap a week tommorrow.

Also looking at purchasing new wheels for after the winter, quite like the MTM Bimoto titaniums, how do you think this would look on ibis white? Can any 1 photoshop them for me? Would it still be possible to lower 25mm and have 10mm spacers with a 19" wheel?

Cheers
John

Do search under the user name Oli. (don't forget the full stop)
Hi had Ibis with the Titanium MTM's... looked the nuts
In fact, better still, go on to ebay, type in MTM alloys and his should come up for sale... with pics on his car ;)

Oli, I'll take my commission later :)

Nice looking wheel with good caliper space.
However they are heavy, and they don`t stay round for long.
Ask some of the S4 RS4 chaps for details.

Thanks for your replys, had a look on ebay but no sign of Oli.'s wheels take it he got them sold.

PW- what wheels would you recmoned that is a simillar deisgn? Or even something a bit darker? With polished rim etc

I think MTM is producing a forged version of this wheel out. Expect it to be alot more expensive, it should be lighter too.

Not sure I have any similar design wheels to this, only the BBS aftermarket range or the BBS Motorsport wheels.
Have a look at www.bbs.com

Yeah sold now - For a grand!!, when I weighed them for the courier, with the tyres they came in at 26kg each - **** thats heavy!!!

S6300800.jpg

S6300799.jpg

I actually had all 4 refurbed (don't ask) and had them done in a darker colour, and they looked so much better - they were a little bit goldy as standard

Spit and Polish in Kent, they do lots of wheels for us!

Never been a huge fan of dark wheels but those look really well on there.
Like it.

How do you rate Spit & Polish by the way? Any decent Audi-Sport discount?

They are good, had a couple of problems, but they aways correct it. Get trade discount anyway

anyone got Air II CY's or pics of a car with them on pls?

BBS CMs............I likes!

Not sure how well they will suit the A3 though.

Have to be good to beat the look of the CHs IMO.

i was hellbent on anthracite CK's for mine as its black with rear tints theyd look awesome i think but now once im up to stage 2 im leaving it and will be for sale later on in the year poss early next year, i say go for 19'' CK's :scared2: rear spacers would look ace too

Oli. - that S3 looks stunning - I love those wheels.

I'm hoping to order an S3 in the next few weeks, and am in 2 minds whether to go for white or not. My heart says yes, but my brain says no due to the pissy Scottish weather!!

Since buying my Golf GTI Ed30 I wish I'd got the white with black wheels - and have always wanted a car with Black / dark wheels... but if those MTM's are so heavy and easily buckled then what else could I get in a similar style?

I still can't make up my mind which colour of car to order - let alone which wheels to get!!!!

hi guys,

ok this is a real noob question i know....

but what the hell are you guys on about when you talk about spacers? im lost! i feel like the left out kid that really wants to get into the game...
and how does a spacer make the car look better? :think:

spacers are purchased to push the wheels further out of the arches. They sit between your alloy wheel and the hub/axle.

Im sure someone will be able to post up a pic of before and after to illustrate the point.

Imagine them as a way of widening the track of a car, so makes it handle better (this is a debated point) but mainly it looks better, sits more squat

oh ok, i thought it was something like that...

ok well having the wheels pushed out a bit looks good i know that.... but doesn't that effect the bearings of the car (weight load) as it is pushed out a bit?
does having the spacers help the tyres not to rub on the car if the alloys are wide?

A few on here are running spacers (including myself) and I've not heard of any problems.

As for rubbing it depends on what width spacer you go for and what wheel/suspension combo you've got. I've got 12mm on the rear and only had rubbing when negotiating a large speed bump at above about 10mph. Since I've change springs I've not had any rubbing (even though the are slightly lower than standard - go figure?).

I've got a set of 10mm H&R hub-centric spacers for sale if you want some. If your running standard wheels/suspension you shouldn't get any rubbing. Under a year old, boxed and with the longer bolts. :whistle2:

if he doesnt want them il take them Ron :) full set ? PM me with a price if you dont sell them but give itwasntme 1st refusal lol i dont wanna muscle in :angrymod:

I've only got a pair. Had them on the front but decided I didn't like them.

If I don't hear from itwasntme by Wednesday I'll pm you.

Ron, thanks for the offer but im not looking to do the alloys quite yet... i am still in the process of buying my first A3 so it will be a little while before i start modding :salute: