Number Plates

S3mad

Dark Knight
Reaction score
Hi all ,

was looking at personalized plates is it worth getting one ?

I don`t think so but its what appeals to you, some personel plates just look normal unless you know whos they are.

all personal preference to be honest. if you get one it should be for you or mean something to you not for anyone else.

I've just got one.. I didn't 'need' one, no one NEEDS one.. but it was just at a good time to do so. I could of quite easily spent similar money on updrading the car, the suspension/brakes/engine work or whatever, and I'd of never seen that money back.

At least with a plate, you've got it for life. Try find something that won't look silly though in 20/30 years time on the front of your Jaguar. ;)

Yes thats right i have seen one which means something to me and its not a bad price i just hate having such a long plate ....

all personal preference to be honest. if you get one it should be for you or mean something to you not for anyone else.

i got mine for my 21st, something i can keep and move from car too car

I bought one to take the age off the car, that was it really. My car is now 10 years old but doesnt look it, and i like it that way. he he
I bought mine direct from the DVLA for £250 all in , transfer fee and everything paid

Yeah that sounds good ,

thinking about it thats really good !

has anyone got the legal metal numberplates ??

I bought one to take the age off the car, that was it really. My car is now 10 years old but doesnt look it, and i like it that way. he he
I bought mine direct from the DVLA for £250 all in , transfer fee and everything paid

As Rav says, its personal pref really, if it means something to you, then get it, also they can work well as Byzan says to hide the age of your car, which can be good if you just want to buy a cheapo plate, as they can be had for peanuts now.

Some people see it as chavvish/stuck up, depends which way you look at it....also depends on what type of person you are...

Currently got one on my car which is the original owners initials I assume, i want to sell it and get an S3 one.

Anyone know how I go about selling the current plate?

I think they are well worth it ,

normal plates are just boring ...

As Rav says, its personal pref really, if it means something to you, then get it, also they can work well as Byzan says to hide the age of your car, which can be good if you just want to buy a cheapo plate, as they can be had for peanuts now.

Some people see it as chavvish/stuck up, depends which way you look at it....also depends on what type of person you are...

There is alot of fun to be had with private plates...but one point that needs to be made is that your plate that you have right now is personal and as unique as any other one, as no two plates will be the same....unless you get cloned...

Out of interest what are you looking at getting, something car related or something personal to you??

normal plates are boring

ive got a private one, J7 M** and have a 15x4 plate looks 100x better.

something like S3 ,

with a meaning to me . As i dont like long number plates and want it to look good

There is alot of fun to be had with private plates...but one point that needs to be made is that your plate that you have right now is personal and as unique as any other one, as no two plates will be the same....unless you get cloned...

Out of interest what are you looking at getting, something car related or something personal to you??

it'll have to stay with the motor then
I have one which I had to hide the age of it and make it stand out

jase, out of interest, what does yours stand for??

True, you could get one with S3 and your initials, which you could carry with you forever then...

My plate was for my 18th so means something to me as I will take it from car to car but it also hides the fact that my S3 is an earlier model. And I think it looks better with a private plat on rather than its orignal plate!!!!

Thats true ,

makes it look so much better they are a good price now so deffo worth it

My plate was for my 18th so means something to me as I will take it from car to car but it also hides the fact that my S3 is an earlier model. And I think it looks better with a private plat on rather than its orignal plate!!!!

It might have s3 as the start but the 3 letters mean something to me ,

or if i decide i will sell with the car or change with my next s3 all depends . They are so cheap anyway . And this changed the whole look of the car.

Ermmm explain please

I want a private plate...but might just spend £25 quid and change my name to R155 XWO by deed poll!

Have you pics of the plates on the car as im looking at 14x7 ones ....

normal plates are boring

ive got a private one, J7 M** and have a 15x4 plate looks 100x better.

well i brought the car with S3 fvt never realy got it at first but

s3 five-valve-turbo

Hi has anybody got any plate's on there car which are smaller like 15x4 etc would like to see some pics !

thats the place to buy them,they are good quality

I want a private plate...but might just spend £25 quid and change my name to R155 XWO by deed poll!

Cal is this another one of those money saving tips from McDonalds????