Seat broken

wibble111

needs to scratch the itch
Reaction score
Evening all, well the missus picked me up earlier and as we was in a bit of a rush i was in the passenger seat :wtf:

Anyhow i tried to adjust the height on the seat and it lowers no problem but wont lift, the lumbar and recline both work no problem.

Anyone ever had this sort of problem before or got any advice on what to check?

Thanks in advance, Dave.

I had a similar problem on the drivers side. turned out that a coin had fell out my pocket and into the height adjustment mechanism. Bit tricky getting it out, but seat worked fine when out.
HTH

i have just recently discovered the same problem with my drivers seat too,never had a chance to check it out yet but ill let u know if i solve it before you do.

I've got the same problem with my drivers seat as well so will hopefully get round to sorting it at the weekend. It hasn't bothered me too much as I never adjust the seat height anyway, but it's one of those little jobs that needs doing but never gets done! Thanks for the info :thumbsup:

Thanks for the help everyone i'll let you know if i sort it.

Hi folks,

Just bought my first ever Audi! :arco:
Black 2000 S3, with 19" BBS wheels. (Will post up pics soon)

i have a passenger seat that goes up but not down and a drivers seat that goes neither up or down lol.

PDF was not very cleas, so if anyone has fixed this problem can we please see a "tutorial" on how to do it?

Cheers Folks! :s3addict:

Holy thread ressurection Batman! :)

Oh well, at least nobody can complain I've not searched.

There are a few threads like this but none really got answered. I recently fitted S3 seats into my A3 and love them, except the drivers seat won't go down. It's a bit of a pain as I like it in the lowest position. I did try to have a look before fitting them but the mechanism looks a ballache to take apart.

Apart from the stuck coin, has anyone sorted this on their own car that and found other issues? Is it easy to strip the mechanism?

Thanks.

Have you've checked the microswitch that sets the lower limit? I had that go on mine and fixed it myself. Links here including the interior manual for taking the seat apart (now in the stickies), and the part number for the microswitch (4BO 959 985, retail when I fixed mine was £17.24 + vat!!!)
http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/a3-s3-forum-8l-chassis/127812-electric-recaro-problems.html
http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/a3-s3-...ont-driver-seat-will-only-go-up-not-down.html

Doh, just noticed you've got an 8P and this is the 8L section...

Doh, just noticed you've got an 8P and this is the 8L section...

Doh, and now so have I. Very sorry folks. I linked through from a site: google search and didn't spot that. I apologise for my noobness.