Bluetooth phone connectivity

steve184

Reaction score
Hi anyone know if this can be retrofitted in any way so as to look stock? Don't need the phone connector in armrest or on dash - just want to be able to use my car stereo as hands free via bluetooth

Thanks

Interesting except i don't have the MF steering wheel - how do you browse the phone features without this??

Also dont have access to VAG and doubt audi will do it for me as it isnt 'genuine audi' parts

Not the cheapest unfortunatly, but cant fault the guys work, got the RNS-E fitted at the same time, so got a good deal.

Emailed tcl and can't have this without the MF steering wheel apparently - although not sure why. Surely onc the phone has been paired with the car, the phone automatically connects everytime i get in the car. Then i can set the phone to automatically answer when connected to the car (enhancement settings) hence surely i could still then hold a conversation handsfree? OK if i needed to dial a number i would have to dial it on my phone, but once dialed i could put my phone back in my pocket and forget it and talk right?

I think you would be wasting your money without the MFSW. If your keeping the car for a while then adding the MFSW could be something to think about?

i don't think i want to spend £1,000 just to facilitate handsfree calls to be honest - thats the only reason to get MFSW as I really don't find it any hardship reaching to the stereo to turn the volume up or down

I have bluetooth on mine and don't have the MFSW (Was not advised by the leasing comapny b*oody sods)

Basically the phone pairs with the car then to answer or make calls you still have to use the phone which when you have a pda style phone makes it a nightmare, if it wasn't a company car i deffo would be retrofitting the steering wheel!!!

I have a nokia tho which I can specify settings for each enhancement connected to it - ie, charger, handsfree, etc. So i can specify that when connected to a certain bluetooth handsfree device (ie the car!) I can set the phone to auto answer, i can then talk and have a convo, then when the other person puts the phone down my phone will auto finish the call, hey presto no MFSW needed (ok so i lose other features such as browsing numbers in the DIS stuff like that) but im not sure im bothered about that - just like to be able to get in my car and when i get a call it just automatically comes through the stereo speakers and i dont have to press any buttons on my phone or in the car - thats my theory anyway!

Yeah that would be a good feature, might have a look see if I can do that on mine, although there are certain calls were I don't want to speak to people, usually disgruntled customers lol! :laugh:

well... yes there is that part - doesn't affect me though as I wouldn't say my mobile rings off the hook all the time just calls now and again so think would suit me ok

This is the way i look at it anyway

I retrofitted the BT unit in my last car which didn't have MFSW.

Definitely worth it, I was able to answer calls on the RNS-E but half the time I just accepted them on the handset. If you drive a lot and need to speak on the phone it's a no-brainer. Not a good idea to risk the 3 points...

yes i am aware of the kufatec system - however I am not confident enough to fit this myself plus dont have the VAGcom access and i doubt an audi dealer would do this work with it being non-audi OEM

Called 4 dealers - 3 said it wasnt possible full-stop - one said they can do it £385 - and they route the microfone up to the courtesy light where i should be (which coul dbe abit worrying on how much they have to dismantle to get this wire here

Really want this but it seems very expensive to retrofit now + i end up with reduced functionality (albeit im not too bothered about this)

My local dealer, Aberdeen Audi, have been very interested in the Kufatec system after I showed them it (good mates with the service manager)..so much so, that they have at least 8 customers looking for retrofit bluetooth to cars, including R8s.

They are ordering one up for test purposes before they go ahead and sell them to customers

Ask your dealer...you might be surprised