DIS MPG problems

Clach

A3 - 1.8Ts
Reaction score
Quick question lads...

My DIS says that I am getting about 47mpg average {after resetting it several times, and over 2k of driving}.

Is it a fault with the DIS, all the other functions seem fine.

Cheers for your time on this..:think:

shouldnt need adjusting, I'd check with vag anyway, but what does the actual mpg at travelling speed show, any mismatches there aswell, you know as there is an average mpg & then there's the mpg at current speed.

HTC do you have the instructions on how to adjust it in VAGCOM mines a little out and it would be nice to correct it?

My average speed is about 35, my current MPG varies, but my average used to sit at about 33mpg. As stated, it is now way to high....more annoying than anything else really.

and no remap - Auto tranny is to fragile!!!

mines a bit dodgy at times, when i fill up with fuel the milage goes to 340 nearly every time but when i go on a long drive it goes up and the highest ive seen is 515, only averaging 280 on a full tank tho, is that right for a quattro 1.8t?

I am currently testing my fuel mileage now. I have done 25O miles from full, and it is saying i have 200 miles left until empty. I regularly show over 600 when my tank is full!!

stop resetting it it gets there in the end, after a reset mine always says 40 + mpg when its only 26 - 28 really. I never reset mine and it now sits happy at 27.8 mpg. slightly high reading but I don`t care lol

Mine averages 35mpg and I get about 400 miles out of my tank.

stop resetting it it gets there in the end, after a reset mine always says 40 + mpg when its only 26 - 28 really. I never reset mine and it now sits happy at 27.8 mpg. slightly high reading but I don`t care lol

I hear ya, but sadly, the car was averaging 47mpg for about 5k before i started monitoring it...:think:

I never reset mine either.....checked it the other day and it was exactly the same as yours.....27.8mpg :friends:

Mines sitting at 34mpg, getting over 400 miles to a tank. God im a slow piece of **** arent I

Minty and i must be The slowest S3 drivers in the country !! I regularly see 400-420 miles out of a tank of tesco 99. Perhaps i should trade her in for a volvo ???????????
:think::racer:

I've never seen more than 380 miles out of a tank no matter what state of tune my car has been in. I've no idea how you guys do it.

My DIS says average mpg is 65..........whatever!

I am getting 340miles from a full tank at the mo, happy with that! The dis still says 45ish

I get around 400 miles out of a tank of V-Power. Mostly motorway but she does get booted occasionally. I'm just getting back into driving the car as a thing of enjoymentrather than a tool to get from A-B so I can see my fuel usage going up rather rapidly! :)

Last weekend, I got a personal best of 42mpg on a motorway run, with cruise set to 69mph, from Oxford to Kendal. With a couple of days zipping round the backroads, and another trip back down, this time at 75mph, I averaged 36mpg all told off the tank.

Total 490miles from a tank, and still had a claimed 60 miles left!!

Best I've ever done before is 460 as the light came on.

Cheers,