S3 8P Gearknob Conversion

Reaction score
Hi all i've been searching on e-bay and other sites trying to find an 8P S3 gearknob to put on my 8L S3 but havent had any joy. I dont fancy paying dealership prices for one. Can anyone recommend a website that they may have purchased one from.
I think its a nice subtle mod to carry out.:blackrs4:

ebay.de fella, there are loads on there

i also considered this mod but the white stitching and red outine does not really suit my interior plus the price tag of £120+ put me off, bought a s-line gear stick to match my new steering wheel instead and a bargain at £25 delivered.:rock:

Hi all i've been searching on e-bay and other sites trying to find an 8P S3 gearknob to put on my 8L S3 but havent had any joy. I dont fancy paying dealership prices for one. Can anyone recommend a website that they may have purchased one from.
I think its a nice subtle mod to carry out.:blackrs4:

there's been two on Ebay for the last week for £50 or best offer, i bought one of them for £42.50!

doesnt matter if they are finished i could check if buy will be selling any more...

I presume these must fit OK then? I recently bought an 8L facelift knob for my pre-facelift 8L S3 and the frame at the bottom of the gaitor is actually smaller than the original so it does'nt fit right - very annoying!!

is the s3 8p gearknob plug'n'play on s3 8l?

you have to remoce the platic trim at the bottom of the new gator and fit the one off you original one, you dont have to staple it back together it will just trap in place when you refit it. A easy diy job imo

you have to remoce the platic trim at the bottom of the new gator and fit the one off you original one, you dont have to staple it back together it will just trap in place when you refit it. A easy diy job imo

Yeah, thats what I thought but the gaitor is so tight it wont actually fit round the original frame piece. I even tried cutting away at the bottom of the stiching for some extra slack but still too tight - must be doing something wrong I guess :keule:

if anything I remember the new one being slightly bigger than the original, I dont think both loops lined up but didn`t really have a promblem tbh. Tried restapleing it but that didnt work.

im waiting on a new 8p s3 knob coming from germany that i managed to get for 48quid, however will this fit directly to my 8L s3?

yes its a easy fit , you have to push it on a little harder as it sticks before it bottoms out. If I can get in my car I`ll try and get some pics but my leg is strapped up after a cartlidge op so don`t it will be this week