Insurance shock!

RichA3Turbo

Reaction score
So, im looking at a turbo upgrade, which means declaring a BIG mod on my insurance. So i send a quote off to adrian flux with the following:

18" wheels
lowered Suspension
Porsche brakes
Full bodykit
air filter
exhaust
turbo kit (300bhp)

Now, i did a quote for when i renew in a few months with admiral, and it came out at £1100 fully declared AS IT CURRENTLY STANDS i.e all of the above - turbo and suspension but with the chip.

So when i send the quote to AF, with a 300bhp turbo kit on the list, i expect to get a quote back for STUPID money that i could never afford which would mean not being able to do the upgrade. I get an email from heir underwriters this morning with a proposed quote for the VERY VERY VERY nice sum of ONLY £1050 FULLY declared. i.e 300bhp!!!

Fandabydocious!!! ****** excellent that is! needless to say im happy that i can go ahead knowing i wont get butt raped for such a mod!
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dancing.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dancing.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/froggie_red.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dancing.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/groovy.gif

Adrian Flux are good for mods i had a policy previously with them where it covered any modification to the car, you'll prolly find that is a simialr policy you have been quoted.

They dont seem to be as competative with standard cars.

You better get saving so you can get it into jabba /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/burningmad.gif

Do you mind me asking your age? As that is really cheap /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

I am paying £1800 with Admiral, but my age is against me LOL. Also they are quoting a £200 increase for wheels /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

[ QUOTE ]
AndyS3 said:
Adrian Flux are good for mods i had a policy previously with them where it covered any modification to the car, you'll prolly find that is a simialr policy you have been quoted.

They dont seem to be as competative with standard cars.

You better get saving so you can get it into jabba /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/burningmad.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Im very impressed with them!

And ive started saving already! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Markb said:
Do you mind me asking your age? As that is really cheap /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

I am paying £1800 with Admiral, but my age is against me LOL. Also they are quoting a £200 increase for wheels /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Well my age isnt exaclty a money saving factor either! only 21 (well not yet! but did the quote as if i was as i will be when i do it!), and will be 2 years NCB. Even last year i didnt get done over too much for mods.

Rich

[ QUOTE ]
RichA3Turbo said:
[ QUOTE ]
Markb said:

[/ QUOTE ]

Well my age isnt exaclty a money saving factor either! only 21 (well not yet! but did the quote as if i was as i will be when i do it!), and will be 2 years NCB. Even last year i didnt get done over too much for mods.

Rich

[/ QUOTE ]

Sounds like you have done well there.

Must be because I am 20 0NCB and clean licence.

[ QUOTE ]
Markb said:
[ QUOTE ]
RichA3Turbo said:
[ QUOTE ]
Markb said:

[/ QUOTE ]

Rich

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

having a years NCB and driving for a few years helps loads!!

[ QUOTE ]
4SilverRings said:
[ QUOTE ]
RichA3Turbo said:
[ QUOTE ]
Markb said:
[ QUOTE ]
RichA3Turbo said:
[ QUOTE ]
Markb said:

[/ QUOTE ]

Rich

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

having a years NCB and driving for a few years helps loads!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Hate to pi$$ on your parade, but a word of caution - that is a quote for 'now', not next year when all your work is done! I knew of someone in a similar position and after 10 months of hard saving and modding the quote had nearly doubbled! You need to remember it's a big industry and it only takes some mega claim somewhere, big storm or another 9/11 and ALL our premiums will be going up across the board on any type of insurance. That in mind, they do seem a very cheap broker so might give them a call and see what a grands worth of cover will let me upgrade mine too !!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Can p*ss all you want, but my umbrella stops me getting [censored] on /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
I know its a quote for 'now' not 'then' but atleast it means at the moment it IS worth saving for... If the time comes and its changed dramatically, well, i have about £4000 to play with dont i! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/groovy.gif I've done many quotes in the past for months to come and they;ve never been too far out... sometimes even better!

Rich

With AF check the excess, they usually have this high to have a more competitive quote - just something to watch out for!! I had a quote from Barclaycard insurance and AF could not match it at all - i even got a lower excess of £100 whereas AF was £300 i think.