ko4 or ko3s

sean88boy

black S3
Reaction score
hey guys. Is the ko4 in the 210 apy engine the same as the newer bams because ive taken my car to rolling road and it came to 240hp and he thinks there is no more to come out of this turbo. he is suggesting that it is practically a ko3s is this true as i thought once mapped the turbo could produce 265hp.
He had a look at my actuator next to the turbo and said it seems to have been wound incorrectly but he didint want to touch it.
thanks guys really confused.

they dont adjust the wastegate manually on a re-mapp and it could be his rollers giving out a dodgey reading as they are often not that acurate, but i do belive they are k04 turbos maybe your mass air flow sensor not working right once mine was mapped the mass air flow sensor packed up and was down on power once replaced went much better

100% its not the maf. Thats just been changed prior to the rollers.

Have you checked all your breather hoses for splits as a few of my had colapsed, once changed the car performed better.

100% its not the maf. Thats just been changed prior to the rollers.

No such thing as 100% matey. Was it a genuine Audi item? I've heard of a few people buying faulty MAFs. Don't assume that because it's new that it's working 100% as it should be.

thats true but i tried three new bosh ones and my old one at the same time so at the time it was working.