Rear Sun Screen

edition

Reaction score
Hi,

Does anybody actually use the rear screen sun visor? If so what for ????

Havent found a use for it yet....

Regards

Never used it either. I think it's for those people with kids who put covers on all their rear windows. Looks better than an aftermarket cover would.

Ha Ha, was thinking the same, never used it.

Not much use to me, especially as the car has rear factory tints.

In fact I get a knock from that area when I hit any bumps and Im unsure whether its the parcel shelf itself or the visor?

Ive got factory tints on mine too and when i put that thing up and can see pretty much buggar all out the back!!

Yep i have it up all the time when got my little girl in the car, does shade the rear of the car slightly, But im having all the rear windows tinted on thursday so prob wont use it after they been done.....

No, have not yet used it, and I do live in a very sunny climate. However, I would very much like to have the side-shades. Does anyone know if these could be retrofitted? I know that tints may be also an option, but still I want to explore the shades first. Thanks for any ideas.

Yep i have it up all the time when got my little girl in the car, does shade the rear of the car slightly, But im having all the rear windows tinted on thursday so prob wont use it after they been done.....

Me too, thought it was totally useless until I put my son in the car, then all of a sudden it made sense! Would rather have tints though, will get them fitted to the next car

Looks like good kit, OK, but I have the A3 5-door Sportback. Anyone have ideas as to retrofitting the original Audi shades?

Ha Ha, was thinking the same, never used it.

Not much use to me, especially as the car has rear factory tints.

In fact I get a knock from that area when I hit any bumps and Im unsure whether its the parcel shelf itself or the visor?

That will most likely be the balls (weights) that hang on the end of the string for the parcel shelf. Some people wrap these in something like masking tape or some cotton wool to stop them making a sound when they're swinging around hitting things.

I found the best use of the shade is when driving at night, it takes the glare aware from the auto dimming rear view mirror and you can still see the cars behind you. Other than that its useless.

It's not totally effective but I actually retrofitted ours (from eBay for £30 new) for my two-year-old son, thinking it would keep the sun off him. It can however also be used to keep items from sliding off the parcel shelf and into the back seat.

I found a hinged flap near the rear view mirror tonight which I've also never used. Not even sure what it is - is it something to stop sun glare coming in between the roof and the rear view mirror ? i.e. something you might use once every seventy years ?

I found the best use of the shade is when driving at night, it takes the glare aware from the auto dimming rear view mirror and you can still see the cars behind you. Other than that its useless.

I have mine folded down all the time, it's very useful.

Never used it.

Reason being that I thought it was to stop the glare from the sun for me and not rear seat passengers. Short sighted maybe but I very rarely have back seat passengers so assumed it was their to help the driver. I therefore thought it useless as it cannot be raised from the drivers seat and thought I'm not going to stop, get out and put it when the sun's behind me.

But now after reading this thread and how people use it to protect kids it makes perfect sense.

I must stop thinking about me all the time!

I use it most days when it's sunny, park the car with the **** facing the sun and it prevents solar gain

getting into an oven at the end of a day in the office isn't much fun

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…