Emmisions problems please help!

A3_Turbo

Swaying towards IHI....
Reaction score
Right to cut the story short basically the CO2 emmisoons on my car are way too high they were off the scale.

A "legit" MOT wouldnt work as the emmsions were way too high so i had to have a more "freindly" MOT. Any-way MOT is fine now.

It made me think why are the emmisions so high? All it has is a 4 bar FBR And a full miltek with sports cat mated to a custom 3 inch oval.

It does drink a fair but of fuel recently too just wondered what the cause could be? Do i get it on a rolling road or what?

Jason

Well no faults were found when it was at jabba having the work done. Might be worth having it scanned again?

J

what p[art of the emmissions were high, CO or Hydrocarbons.

If it was hydrocarbons it could be burning some oil, if its co, its just the idel mix wrong! either needs the map tweaked or there is another fault causing high co. Usually a mapper will confirm the idel co as part fo the map, so have you changed anything post map (ie a new mod) or had any other probs since mappping?

No not changed anything since, the MOT guy rteckons it was very rich but can it be that rich running at 1.5 bar of boost?
Jabba did the stage 2 map but i guess id have to take it back to them to tweak the map?

Jabba are so far away from me thats the thing,

Jason