Flashing Oil light on 2.4 SE auto :(

Delinquent

Reaction score
Just wanting to check before I accept the inevitable... Does the oil service light flashing relate only to the engine, or can it also refer to the gearbox?

Mine has had the service light on and the oil light flashing the last few days, despite there being plenty of oil in the engine - I know I have a slight gearbox leak so was wondering if that is getting low and also noted by the indicator! Otherwise obviously points at something more sinister (unless it knows how long it is since it was changed!)

I was just about to change the cambelt but if I've got a loss of oil pressure, with the amount of miles on the engine I think it's probably wait till it blows and wave goodbye :(

where is the oil symbol flashing on the trip meter, or is it the main oil light? Is she rattling anymore?

The oil light relates to the engine and not the box

Its the symbol on the trip meter, not the main oil light which I've not seen on at all. I've not noticed any more rattling - though it did make an "odd" rattly noise a couple of days ago - much more tinny than a typical "I've lost oil pressure" noise though, sounded to me like a loose shield so ignored it.

thats ok then its just the oil service light, its the car reminding you its time to change the oil and reset the counter, nothing to worry about

woohoo :D

Many thanks - not had a car that tells me things before, would have been upsetting for it to be so short lived...!!!