Alignment set-up results - ess three about?

GT130

Reaction score
Hi,

I am not sure how to really read these - there seem to be some missing values for set-back, king pin, steering out etc

Can anyone help in understanding these results - I was told it is spot on and very few cars he sees result in such spot on figures - it's still pulling sharply to the left though and I am trying to find other potential causes...

Thanks

alignment.jpg

Sorry forgot to mention the equip. used is Space Active Aligner and has been calibrated recently.

King pin, set bck etc see here:

http://www.familycar.com/alignment.htm

I seem to recall there's noy much you can do with them easily....but lots of difference between L & R would suggest to me a bent 'shell, or bent suspension components or pick up points.
Could be the subframe out of alignment too I seem to recall.

As for pulling to the left...
9 minutes toe out on the rear right...that could tend to send the car left...
As I seem to think could lots of left rear negative camber...

GT130 - Sorry bit OT but I don't suppose you work for IBM do you? There's not many companies that use Lotus Notes any more!!

No not IBM and the company will be dropping L.Notes soon.

Ess Three - thanks for the input. They have told me the chassis is fine as it would show up on this print etc I dont really understand it all tbh..

The subframe was unbolted for the front ARB replacement - even though I understand the bolts are thick etc to try and ensure they go back correctly I think it could be subframe related - had a Passat that had the subframe moved to get to the sump and it never drove the same afterwards - did not have it aligned etc

Hopefully the garage sort the issue as unless they can get it driving correctly I will not accept it back - balance of the car is off and the steering wheel physically moves a little once you take your hands off - goes straight over to the left !

I emailed this through to APS for comment and got the reply back after I posted this thread/topic - they said the report looked fine but would need to get the car on site to diagnose any issues. Very helpful bloke from his response.

I'll update this thread when I have some news.