selling the S3 to buy an M3?

jonS3

Reaction score
i've had my S3 now for 2 1/2 years, and although the car has been great, i'm thinking of going for an E46 M3.

I really can't decide, the only thing that puts me off with an M3 is reliabilty, i'd be going for an 03 with highish mileage 90k ish, but then my S3 has 114k and has never missed a beat.

help me please....

i've had my S3 now for 2 1/2 years, and although the car has been great, i'm thinking of going for an E46 M3.

I really can't decide, the only thing that puts me off with an M3 is reliabilty, i'd be going for an 03 with highish mileage 90k ish, but then my S3 has 114k and has never missed a beat.

help me please....

How about a B6 S4? Better handling than the M3, better build quality, awesome engine note!

That's a tough one B6 S4 or E46 M3.....Go drive both for sure.

i prefer the look of the M3 and I'm not a fan of 4 doors....

i've not driven either though....

M3 for me mate. Rear wheel drive and just a few ponies shy of 350bhp makes it a flying machine! I had a 20 minute drive in my sister's boyfriends and it was awesome. Just for the record he doesn't sell drugs. I'm looking to get an E46 next but the daily commute makes the M3 out of bounds. Not sure about reliability - do they have many common faults?

Hi everyone, first post, glad to be on the forums, heard alot about them...

A friend of mine has had a M3 convertable for over a year now, and he's had so many problems with it..
The roof, the radio, the tiptronic box, the speedo, the Engine management light comes on and off whenever the weather changes.

Although as Aky said they are a beauty to drive however, i would research into common faults that come about on those cars. Possibly on performance bmw?

Good luck either way.

jonS3 i'm having the same dilema as you bud but i've decided to buy one now though, i had one before i bought the S3 and never had problem with it only sold cause i wasn't using and thought buy suttin a little cheaper to run but these s3 aren't that good fuel anyways so thought back to the beast. The M3 has loads of pure power and theres loads of grip and the other thing that 4 wheel drive stuff is to delicate and loads of **** end action.

I have had an s4 and 2 e46 m3's. Out of the box, I would say the m3 was much better; quicker better handling and better on fuel. As far as the mileage is concerned, why not get an older m3, say 51 or 02 with less miles on the clock. Only real difference is the back lights.