lights in the door cards

S3 chj

Reaction score
hi guys when i fitted the new door panels in my a3 they had the lights on the edge of the panel,

I'm trying to get them to come on when i open the door but don't know where i can connect them,

anyone got any ideas

cheers chris

is there anyway i can connect them to the interior light or the door pin anyone done this before

Hi

I did this. Connected it to the interior light by removing the light and determining which 2 cables are used when the light comes on when the door is opened. Then I soldered door bell wire to these cables and had them running down the A pillar, through the door connector, into the door. Then used spade connecters on the ends of the cables to attach it to the lights plug. From these cables, I piggybacked more cable which runs under the dash and the base of the windshield to the other door (so only runs down ones A piller)

I couldn't work out how to attach it to the door pin but with this method, when the interior light comes on, so does the active reflector and puddle light. Did it a few years ago and still works perfectly and imo is a very useful mod.

Hope that helps.