Next car from S3

max

Reaction score
Had the S3 for over a year and I have loved it. Just got revo map but would have loved to do the suspension.

Got a new job and have to travel a lot further to get there and I'm not looking forward to the petrol costs, so I was thinking about getting an oil burner. I was thinking somthing like A4 2.5 tdi with coilovers

I'm not a massive fan of FWD so I would like RWD or AWD. Any suggestions? Is It worth it anyway with diesel prices? LPG another option?

Let me know your thoughts!

Currently I get through a tank about every 10 days with spirited driving and social visists. My new job is 3 times as far so I would guess at 300-400 miles.

i do about 330 miles a week which is costing me about £60ish weekly. (shell V power) but that price seems to be rising every week i fill up!!

Just buy yourself a cheap 306 D-Turbo as a work horse and keep the S3

p

A 2.5 tdi Audi or the older bmw 2.5 tdi's are just as thirsty as a petrol engine - and diesel's much more expensive now.

I'd agree with the above buy a decent 306 d turbo they actually go on forever provided you find a good one and the bodywork dont rust as they're galved.

Failing that a 330d / 330cd will be the best diesel you will ever drive.

Avoid the 320d's as they like to eat their own engines

or if you're comfortable with your own sexuality

a smart roadster lol! They're actually great fun and great on fuel 50mpg possible

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…