My first ride in an S3

wibble111

needs to scratch the itch
Reaction score
Well after 18 month with my a3 1.8ts (150) i've decided on swapping it for an S3, i have 8k to spend and today had my first drive in a 51 plate, black with leathers and everything else, what can i say except i wish i'd bought one earlier.

The car itself had a few rust blemishes on the n/s/r arch and the roof rails, i've had a nightmare with audi to get both my doors done, but in all fairness they have replaced both and gave me a 170ps 2.0 tdi sport a3 as a loan car so shouldnt really moan.

That said though its enough to put me off the car so hopefully soon i'll be able to source a nice one, theres a nice nogaro blue one on the trader at the mo, so i think that'll be my next viewing.

nice one dude, just keep looking the right one will be along, ou should be able to pick up a good one for your budget,

good luck in findin one, keep us updated

Good luck finding one mate, the good ones seem hard to get hold of! I also had a 8k budget but couldnt find a decent one of quite a few viewings! I increased it to 9k and it seemed that I could get a much better car for that extra grand. I picked up a 2001 with 48k and immaculate. Had to get a flight to get it but I sensed it was a good one and it was.

Make sure you do a hpi.. I know it's pretty much a standard thing to do but out of the 5 I viewed - 2 had been clocked, 1 stolen and recovered and the other a Cat C! The one I bought was clean!