Lower grille removal

sprout99

Reaction score
Can somebody advise me ....i've tried searching but no luck.

How do the lower grille come off? I know if you were going to be towed you take off one to put toe eye in. But thats the wrong side.

I want to get at the front of the intercooler

any pointers?

Thanks
Ian

IIRC, you need to remove the bumper first, which is very straight forward. Remove the plastic clips uner the bonnet at the front, then 2 srcew under the bumper. Remove some screws inside the wheel arches and pull the sides outwards. Then you can pull the bumper out the front.
If you have headlight washers there is a clip under the bumper to disconnect them, but you don't have to. Reast the bumper on an old blanket.

Then you can get to everything.

very easy job

Agreed, very straightforward to do even for one person. When opening the bonnet there are 4 black thin round plastic holders that you have to push through to release the top of the bumper. I used coat hanger to push them through (the wire was the right thickness to push in the holes)and then a pair of pliers to catch them on the other side.

managed to un clip it last night without bumper removal - very easy
and obviously meant to since tow eye is there

loads of crud blocking intercooler fins - all clean now

Is that the middle lower grille or the right hand side (fog surround)

ahh i see. if its the same as the s3, you put your fingers in the slats and sqeeze the top and bottom and pull towards you. Still need to get the middle 1 off to get to my fmic!!