SERIOUS UPGRADE QUESTION

WOULD I FEEL ANY DIFFERNCE GETTING A NEW KO3 TURBO?? AND IF I GET JUST A UPRATED EXHAUST MANIFOLD WHAT BHP INCREASE WOULD I EXPECT??

found a good manifold on ebay for about £200.00. and checked turbo last night where my acuator rod joins to turbo it loose hte washeres etc knackered so no way is that tubo

so no way that turbo giving full power. grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr good excuse for upgrade though

with a ko3 not sure any other manifold will see much benefit.

i think i'm right in saying that it's preferble, but not always possible, to get a equal length manifold.

usually going for a really free flowing larger ported manifold isn't always desirable as i think you need to keep the air pressure/flow higher through the exhaust system to the turbo. (imagine a river that narrows, the water flow will speed up throught he narrow section, which when applied to air in a turbo system, means the air will speed up and drive the turbo)

any way i'm in no way a fluid dynamics expert and i'm sure someone more knowledgable will make a comment.

the biggest concern on manifolds i think on the a4 turbo is that they are prone to cracking.

if you upgrade to a K03 then you want the K03s as you could yeild about 210-220bhp with the correct map but to be honest it not worth it just go bigger or have the K03 upgraded or just fix the Actuator rod and see how you get on from there.

or if im low on cash ill get a ko3s turbo i dont want HUGE power. any links for a ko3s turbo?? and would that turbo be straight swap?? and would new manifold benifit more on ko3s?

Unless you are going to get a Huge turbo, a manifold will not yield any increases, in fact it will probably lose you torque and power as its the turbo that runs out of puff long before the manifold becomes a problem. If you contact Mark @ backdraft motorsport he can do you a ko3s for around £299 brand new iirc, that and a new map will net you around 220 i would think. If you do not get it mapped, it will feel faster but will actually only nett a small increase. I put a K04-15 on a K03 map and only gained 6 bhp

Will this help

I would have thought 475cc injectors would be stretched with a 3071 (and I wouldn't use them personally on a 28rs either) go with 550cc or 630cc for some scope to up boost

This info may help

damn looks like i'll be maxing the 1680cc injectors out at a 100% duty cycle with my setup then

just kiddiing.