Proper INSTALLs, Advice Required?

mspah

Reaction score
Hi All,
Just querying about the best way of which to do an AMP INSTALL, I've done it before on many cars but always had comments on it's safety. As far as i'm aware you find an access point through the engine compartment to the passenger side, (easily done) and then ran the live wire under the sills on the left and the audio and remote wire down the right to cut down any interferance that th power cable could cause. Is this safe and correct or am i missing something? Cheers All

--------------

Everybody knows my stupid querys make is all clever :p /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/hug.gif

Absolutely, don't forget the dedicated fuse near the battery.
I used to run the cables separately, but as long as you are using quality RCA's there's really no need.
I've never cured an interference problem by running the RCA's separately. I've found that interference is usually down to something else. But it is good practice (if a pain in the ****).

as Andy says a fuse will be needed within 18" of the battery /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

what i have done is to run all power cables down one side of the car, along with the remote from the HU, RCAs down the other side and then if you need to run speaker cables from the amp to the fronts then run them down the middle (thats if you arent using the standard factory cable /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif )