is there such a thing

Adam-D

Reaction score
i have a cream interior in my car,

a4 estate 1997

no the front seats are not that supportive, or hold me that well.

is there a sporty, slightly bucketed set of front seats that will fit, in similar colour from any other vag car that will bolt straight in???

these are my seats and interior,
audi4.jpg

i only want to change the fronts. maybee half leather? or al cloth i dont mind, i just need something that holds me better

The S4 seats will direct fit into the A4. You might want to check the classified ads section. There's often sports seats there but its just finding the right colour.

Or you can get the same sports style seats that GSB1 has posted in the same cloth material and colour that you have from early S4's.

One of the breakers on eBay has had one for sale for a while for £200. I sold mine to another user on here for about £120 in great condition.

thats exactly the front seats in after blue thunder, but i dont need everything, ive no idea how hard it would be to sell the other parts i dont need

also comparing those ebay seats to my own, they dont look that much deeper "bucketed" they are identical in pattern, but my seats are deciveing, they have bolsters on the side, but dont hold me at all..

those cream leather ones look deep enough, but im not a massive fan of leather.

grr soo hard just to find and swap the front seats lol

Here's a better photo of the S4 seats. They are exactly the same shape as the leather ones above.

There aren't many S4's about without leather, but quite a few owners do switch to leather, meaning it shouldn't be impossible to find some cloth ones.

I sold mine to Peter_C_07 on here. He was thinking of selling his car a while back. You might be able to work out a part ex with him? Drop him a PM.

there exactly what im after, but in cream just the front seats will do,

just need to find a set, ill send that guy a pm too. its one of the few things that bugs me about my car, i feel like im gonna slide onto the passenger side

Another alternative is to look at a CG-lock - http://www.cg-lock.co.uk/

You can pick them up for about £40 and they hold you onto the seat tightly so your **** doesn't slide all over the place on corners!

is there another vag derived car that the seats will bolt straight into from?
a3? etc

i was in a 56 plate a3 today and those seats were nice, would they fit?
or does it have to be from the b5 chasis??

nope, not up for welding.

so its a set of s4 seats i need then, ok just need to find some,

those ebay one dont look as deep as there other 2 posted, im not so sure they are what there meant to be.

Adam-D said:
those ebay one dont look as deep as there other 2 posted, im not so sure they are what there meant to be.

Just taken a closer look at the eBay auction. They WERE what they're meant to be, but looks like a fat driver has managed to crush the foam on the drivers side bolster.

Stay away from those particular ones!

Adam, I appreciate you only want to replace just your fronts.

But, sellers generally want to sell the lot in one go, and it's easy to understand why. The rears won't sell on their own.

They'd usually only sell the fronts on their own seperately, if the rears are damaged (unlikely).

Example is, if they advertise a complete interior for, let's say £300, and you say you want just the fronts, they tend to say, that's ok, complete for £300, or just the fronts for £285, or even the same price.

I've sold interiors, but I've never split them.

i do only want the fronts,
if i have to i dont mind buying the whole set.
as long as i get better seats in my audi im happy

And that leather will not clean up. The guy is having a laugh wanting £450 for that. And if he's got two interiors, yet he's only photographed one, you can only assume that's the best of the two!

Total toss!

Urrrgh! I'd rather keep my old cloth interior, or get them re-trimmed.

I didn't really look that hard, guess I should next time! Front seats do look about ********, pity that's the bit you want! Sorry bout that!

vee dubs that are selling them has always been over priced for as long as i can remember !!!

im gonna keep looking, i definatly need decent seat's it pretty much the only thing that annoys me about my car, even the wood trim im happy with lol

The fronts would, but it would be a nightmare of a job. You essentially need to weld the rails from your current seats onto the bottom of these (and possibly remove a portion of the B6 seats).

Someone on here installed some B6 recaros into their B5 which looked immense, but they were lucky enough to have a mate who knew what they were doing.

No idea about the rears, but i'd guess they won't be a straight fit.

I'd say you're better of waiting for B5 seats.

I'm with Blue on that. Besides, for the amount of work involved in getting them to fit a B5, they don't really look as deep as I'd like.