Short shift gear change

clcollins

Reaction score
Has anyone done a short shift gear change on a 6 speed TDI Quattro? Does it matter that it's a TDI (or Quattro), are all 6 speed boxes the same?

What I need is the part number of the linkage you use for this box, apparently there are 8 options and finding the right one is difficult, all information appreciated.

O actually hope you don't mind if I throw a question in with this Collins /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Was wondering is the S3 quickshift fitted similarly to the one on the Seat Leon which is on the linkage under the bonnet rather than having to go in from your gear stick or up and under the heat shield.

Cheers,
Pete.

I have the Neuspeed Short Shifter which actually states it's for an Audi TT (but the fitment is the same).

It is a direct replacement for the linkage under the bonnet.

Well I went for the Neuspeed kit and fitted it last week (easy). I like the 'shortness' of the throw (except forward and backwards are not the same length), but the change feels a bit 'clunky'. I have always loved the smoothness of the Audi gearchange so this is taking some getting used to, will live with it for a month or so and see how it goes.

Guys, im a new member, and car novice - would you be able to tell me what a 'quickshift' is/does?

Cheers,

Hu Martin

it simply shortens the throw of the gear stick between gears.

Some change the weight and feel of the shift movement too.

in the caes of the Neuspeeed, its just a linkage bracket at the gearbox end.

I know that for the A4 you can get a replacement shifter, for in the car and is a lot better and is complete with brushed alu grear knob and linkage...