Vagcheck - any reccomendations?

Spacecowboy

Reaction score
Hi AllJust had a very good chat with a chap called Wak at Vagcheck. Seems like he knows what he is talking about and I cant find any negative comments about what they provide but just wanted to check with the forum.I'm after a remap. As i understand it, they no longer use Custom Code as the software contained bugs and the support just wasnt there. They have developed their own code and seems to be reasonably priced. HAs anyone had this doen to their S3?Naturally nervous about a company that only has a mobile number - should I be?

If it is the Wak from WAK-TT.com then I'd have no qualms, certainly knows his stuff and has done most. Check out his site it is a bible of mine. I think they d Revo now as in another post by DaveMK or is it a different Wak

Spacecowboy said:
As i understand it, they no longer use Custom Code as the software contained bugs and the support just wasnt there.
i hope custom code don't see this:no:

I had my S3 remapped there a few months back, i dealt with Morgan whose was also very knowledgeable and helpful.

They didn't use Revo then, infact i had a trial revo map on my car when i turned up, which they had to remove then replace it with the standard audi map before they could even make a start on the proper remapping. (NOTE: Revo trial maps somehow stay loaded even after the trial has expired, it just modifies itself for reduced power so it feels like the standard audi map is back!! This results in even less power than a standard S3 = oh dear!) When it was loaded we did several runs with datalogging to confirm all was well (it was) then i was on my way! There was a 'sale' on when i went as well, so a stage 2 map cost just £300 all in, not bad. On their website they call their maps VAGchech Stages, dont really know what that is exactly but it seems to work well in my car! http://www.vagcheck.co.uk/vagcheck/index.htm

I highly recommend WAK and Morgan, experienced and value for ££.

Chaps, just to avoid confusion, I dont think we ever mentioned bugs in CC software, there are no "bugs" as far as I am aware, just that as supplying agents CC required a lot of support to fine tune and our support issues arose out of CC not being always available to operate around the hours we do which are mostly evenings and weekends.

As a natural progression we have evolved to use a tuner that we pay to develop our own code and this solution fits around our needs of support when we need it and mapping to characteristics we like.

As we are enthusiasts like most of you and we hate our cars being in a garage for maintenance, our goals are the same as yours....

As we have always done with AmD, CC and our current tuners work, everything we provide its backed up by our validation and diagnostic data-logging to ensure your remap is safe and reliable in achieving the best gains for your vehicles.

p.s. we have never been REVO agents our history has been AmD, CC and we now produce our own stages.

I had my s3 remaped 2years ago by vag-check.Morgan did the work as wak was on holiday.Back then they were amd agants and i got a switchable map on a one-click device.I cant fault there work as every thing on my car was checked before /during / and after the remap was loaded.Very knowledgeable and all round nice guys to deal with.I recommend them very highly.If in dout do a search on the tt forum.