Axle Stand Positions on an A4 (B6 Avant)

Buck

Reaction score
Guys

sorry for the dumb/newbie question....

I am wanting to remove my alloys (1 by 1) to clean the arches and also clean/protect the alloys

I am not keen on leaving the car jacked up on the OEM wheel change jack so would like to place the car on an axle stand.

Here's the dumb questions....

Where should the axle stand connect with the car at the front and the back?

I presume it's dead straight forward but never used them before so don't want to find I bend or break somehting by putting it in the wrong place!!!

PS Any photos/links would be really useful

Thanks as always

CM

BTTT!!!:icon_thumright:

C'mon guys - help me out - pleeeez

Just done a search on the net (as I am sure you have!!) and drawn a blank also. Have you tried ringing Audi up?

I'd be interested to find this out but for the A3, i've looked and mine is covered with plastic, I think it maybe a case of removing them and using the chassis rails, or you might be able to support the car at the same point as the jacking positions.

you can either put them on the reinforced bit that the OEM stand goes on or at the front put them under the jack points that protude doen from body furthur underneath behind wheel arch, they look like the lowest point on the car at the front.

at the rear i can't remember off the top of my head, i think i use where the rear trailing arms join the body mount on my 2wd, can't remember.

cheers - I'll take a look at the weekend

CM

If you use an independent garage for your MOT (if car is over 3 years old) he should be able to tell you where to put the axle stands. He might even put the car on the hoist and show you if you are on good terms! I'm going to ask my friendly garage the same question for my A3 sportback.