Carpet wear

Bong Water

In two minds
Reaction score
Does anyone else have a problem with carpet wear to the left of the drivers foot rest, its the one and only mark on my interior and I want to do something about it as I am making it worse as my foot leans on it

It looks like the whole carpet would need to be replaced though, has anyone else had this problem and done something about it?

Thanks

i have a spare carpet in light grey if you want it no marks on it that i can remember

ive seen this alot in the A3 where a big hole starts by many the use of high heels digging into the carpet.

once there is a hole it will only get worst

Can't see how you'd get wear on the left of the footrest. My carpet has some wear on the floor from the usual heel wearing through the floormat, but is totally unmarked everywhere else, although the car has only done 180k miles!
B5Footrest.jpg

Well mine is the total opposite, no wear under the matt but a hole that has got much worse in the last three months that I have had the car as the left part of my foot sits right over the wear part, its annoying, interior is immaculate apart from that

Haha yeah, :laugh:

The previous owner did most of the damage, I am just making it worse, seems we both have big feet!

Yeah it crossed my mind to patch it, going to see if its easily removable first and then see how much a new one is, ill ask the bodyshop guy on monday when it goes in.
The other seats look like no one ever sat in the things so the carpets in the rest of the car look pretty new. All the wear is on the drivers side apart from the seat, its amazing how these bolsters deny wear too, on my 200SX the car has done around the same mileage (55k) on the same year (00) and the bolsters were knackered!

VAG cars seem to suffer on the plastics around the door trim too, seen it a few times while looking at different cars when shopping for one