how low can i go ?????

german masterpiece

2nd place is the 1st loser
Reaction score
hi guys im looking at lowering my a4 saloon 1996 1.8 my local centre that does that sort of work said that i should go 35mm rear and 40mm front. But will my wheels rub the inside of my arches when i go over bumps and with people in the car? oh and my wheels are 18" with 225/40r18 can anyone help please? :think:

on Coilovers it will go as low as you like, up to 120mm lower

Mine is a lot lower than standard
100_0392.jpg

Byzan A4 said:
on Coilovers it will go as low as you like, up to 120mm lower

Mine is a lot lower than standard

how far have u dropped it? liking it alot! i put koni shocks + eibach springs for a 40mm drop but it still looks the same lol! any ideas?

100_0502-1.jpg

100_0503.jpg

14.jpg

9.jpg

the car was lower when int he pic with the silver wheels had to raise it a bit specially with the 19's on

I've just had Koni coilovers fitted to my S4 and it's as low as Byzan's, although the garage didn't bother to change the shocks from their softest damping setting, so i've now lost big chunks of tyre from the inner wheel arch!

Even going over speedbumps at <10mph causes the car to get grind on the floor.

Not happy!

i did the same when i was slammed on 19s had to raise it a bit but now i rolled the lip its back down low again although i had to wind them up because the roll bar link kept hitting things and cant get on ramps etc

Andy, how much can you actually roll the lip? Will it fold all of the way back to the outer wing?

Saw your car at Grizz's the other day. It really is looooow!

Mine is set at a height that allows me to be able to drive directly onto a curb, as my drive isnt a drop curb. It doesnt scrape on speed bumps etc

Mind you it was lower and that pic is after i had raised it to make the handling better and the ride too

Thing is if you slam a car you effect the geometry and this can not only ruin the handling but also reduce the mechanical grip.

I'm looking into som e Eibach springs for my own A4 ready for the Summer and will be sticking to a 40mm drop

thanks guys i will look into it and make sure i do it properly and get good springs and maybe shocks, i better get saving:icon_thumright: ps. nice rides

Blue_Thunder said:
Andy, how much can you actually roll the lip? Will it fold all of the way back to the outer wing?

Saw your car at Grizz's the other day. It really is looooow!

yeh they go pretty much flat when rolled ,just need to keep the heat on while its been done

no heat gun is to keep the paint warm so it does not crack , arch liner just need trimming with a sharp blade

I had mine on 45mm/35mm springs at first an it looked and handled like a boat. Now on coilovers with about a a 100mm drop, i love how it handles. Bit of lift off oversteer if you want it to. There's no practicality at all. But i love how it looks.