Missing Stuff

matzxr

Reaction score
Hello all ,
just bought an A3 3.2 quattro , chuffed to bits with it , but , there's quite a few empty spaces in the boot ?
All that's in there is the wheel brace , jack and spare wheel ? :faint:
Also , i'm getting tyre noise , well , i'm told it's the tyres , it's like a droning/humming sound from about 50mph to 80mph , drives me up the wall , i've got 18" wheels with Nankangs all round .
Any help appreciated ,
Mat

As far as I can remember I have what you have plus the Locking wheel nut key, nut cover puller and Warning triangle and what looks like could be a rain mac although I've never unfolded it

Battery, spanner , & screwdriver, nice pouch with some oil in it.
Bigger wheels more noise, what car did you have before,or it could be a number of things, balance,pressures, worn tryes, defect in tyre, even a bearing & more.

all the tyres are new , tried lower and higher pressures with no improvement . If it was a bearing surely it would whine/drone constantly ??
Mine drones then there's a little gap before it drones again , sort of a constant on-off , really annoying it is .
Thought someone else might of had this with Nankangs (if it is the tyres)

I'll try and post a picture of my boot tomorrow , so you can all tell me what's missing !!!

Thanks for all your help :icon_thumright:

Silly question, do you get this drone on a particular piece of road?

Mine drones on certain road surfaces and not on others

Change the tyres from cheapo Nankangs and it may be better...

would like conclusive proof it's the tyres before i way-out £400 on a new set , that's the dilema !!! :think:

From memory in the boot of mine I had spacesave spare, jack, brace, screw driver, locking wheel nut, wheel nut cover remover, plastic bag for when you for space saver to save your car getting dirty and a tiny spanner.

The grey strap you have highlighted held down a foam insert in the spare wheel, the jack etc was fitted to that and not round the edge like yours.

With regard to the drumming I'd say it was the tyres as well. Although it was never really bad except on concrete sections of motor way.

J.

Some of the space in the boot are for different options, like the air compressor & tyre sealant, wheel trim removal tool, & removable tow hitch, but it looks like the towing extension arm is missing, as from what i can see locking wheel nut adaptor, a plastic threaded piece for helping you fit the wheel when changing,& a plastic tool for removing the wheel bolt plastic caps is missing to.

Totally forgot about the towing eye !!!!

Ah yours will be different as you have AWD, mine was a FWD so the wheel well was alittle deeper. I guess thats why I had the foam insert on the wheel.

J.

Anyone out there got all the empty gaps filled ?

Sorry - it was dark last night (I know - didn't think when I posted:think:). I've a day off tomorrow so I'll try to look then