a31a_27.jpg

a2db_27.jpg

Are they 18's?

How much are they?

Do i go for 18's or 19's?

Thanks

p

PS Thankd TDI-Line for the use of the pics

They are genuine 18" RS4 Titanium style rims.
I ordered them for my S3.
Audi supplied 19" in the same style does NOT fit the S3, you need to get replicas... they do however look a lot nicer as they are much more deeper dished.

And sorry, I forgot what he *wanted* to charge me, i ended up getting them thrown in

Current RS4's are actually 19in. The 18 in were fitted to the A3 'Exclusive' Limited Editions' and the A4 Cab Sline SE. They are similar but not the same as the standard 18in S3 wheels.

19's that are 'RS4' style from the TT should be fine, its the actual RS4 wheels from the RS4 that are no good as the offset is completly wrong. They also have a much deeper dish to them.

N8KOW said:
Don't get 18s, get 19s if you get some!

The only thing that 19's have going for them is looks!

The CONS - price, lowering( more cost ) , ride and handling , speedo out of sync, and the NICE dished RS4 wheels wont fit!

I think i'm talking myself out of them! LOL

Thanks

p

Pros - Looks, Ride feels alot more solid imo.
Cons - Need to lower

Speedo isn't really noticable. IMO don't buy a £26k and moan about £800 rims. So 19s and lower it or don't bother at all, stick with standard. up 2 p. thats my 2p. lol.

I think those look tiny and a bit odd without the dish that the genuine RS4s have.

The standard S3 wheels are much nicer

Matt said:
I think those look tiny and a bit odd without the dish that the genuine RS4s have.

The standard S3 wheels are much nicer

I agree why turn something into something it's never meant to be

I also want to change the 18"s from my S3 for a nice 19" set. I actually opened another post asking for offset recommendations and sizes... I just took the rims off this morning to do some deeper cleaning and noted ET56 as the offset in case this helps!
Cheers. Jesser.

I'm not sure if i'am/want to change wheels.

I do like the look of the RS4 wheels (the OEM ones ) and i love that anthracite colour!

I was just asking questions on colour/name, price , and advice on 18's or 19's!

The wheels wouldn't be 800quid , IMO don't buy a 26k car and put snide aftermarket wheels on it! LOL

Issac Hunt said:
19's that are 'RS4' style from the TT should be fine, its the actual RS4 wheels from the RS4 that are no good as the offset is completly wrong. They also have a much deeper dish to them.

yep sorry what i meant was that they are OEM, made to look like the RS4 rims as an Audi Exclusive option.

But I still know that the 19" Audi Exclusive RS4 style rims for the TT do not fit on the S3.

Yes they are OEM but they only look like genuine RS4's from a distance, the RS4's look better IMO as they are dished and a different color.
audi-rs4-1b.jpg

Best left on the RS4 IMHO!

cooni said:
yep sorry what i meant was that they are OEM, made to look like the RS4 rims as an Audi Exclusive option.

But I still know that the 19" Audi Exclusive RS4 style rims for the TT do not fit on the S3.

So all Audi RS4 wheels, ORG RS4 wheels and the Audi exclusive 19in RS4 style rim will not fit without spacers or work done to the off set?

Thanks

p

phantom said:
I'm not sure if i'am/want to change wheels.

I do like the look of the RS4 wheels (the OEM ones ) and i love that anthracite colour!

I was just asking questions on colour/name, price , and advice on 18's or 19's!

The wheels wouldn't be 800quid , IMO don't buy a 26k car and put snide aftermarket wheels on it! LOL

Thats fair enough. But the A3 isn't coming out of the factory looking exactly how I want it, I don't think any car does, bar gallardo nero. Any your car your money, I was just giving you my opinion!

phantom said:
So all Audi RS4 wheels, ORG RS4 wheels and the Audi exclusive 19in RS4 style rim will not fit without spacers or work done to the off set?

Thanks

p

thats what i've been told by 2 dealers in 2 different cities.
its just not an option. you have to go aftermarket for it.

These I think are genuine RS4 wheels on a S3,bit of rubbing going on as the wheels appear to be sitting virtually outside the wheel arch

Just goes to show what not to do,guess if you wanted to invest in some "one off " hubs front and rear might be able to get them to fit correctly ,hate to think how much it would cost though:faint:

Mikenbn got it just right with these bad boys from Italy.

profile1.jpg

Very nice S3 its important to remember that the wheels are reps not OE RS4 (OE are I think 20ET and reps are 42/45 ET)
With the correct suspension setup it looks ace:icon_thumright:

Im changing the wheels when I get mine, but definately not replicas(even though they do llok good) - more than likely BBS CH's, a lot lighter than stock, and I think better looking. I think Ill get them powder coated in black as well. I had CH's on both my GTI and R32, they are a great wheel

Phantom, low is when the wheel is going in the Arch. That is sat perfect imo.

Indeed the are Mr H. Here's my cousin's 330bhp TT on 19 Black CH's

DSC01366.jpg

I'm just talking about the looks , 5-10 mil higher at the back for my own taste!

p

Fair enough. I don't like gap between my arch and wheel, your right different looks! You ain't gonna like my car then when it arrives and when its rimmed and lowered. Lol

I like a car to look natural,even if you have lowered it! that S3 doesn't look SLAMMED, but you can tell it's been fiddled with! LOL

p