A4 Avant Sunblinds

mattyholloway

Reaction score
I'm getting my new avant in a couple of weeks and want to fit the Audi sunblinds to the rear side windows.
My question is, has anyone fitted these and is there any drilling required?
Thanks in advance,
Matt

I got them from the Audi accessories website - cheaper than from a dealer - and yes you do have to drill 4 holes per door (2 to fit the blind into the door and 2 to fit the clips that hold the blind up when in use). The instructions are pretty good - just take time to study them, and remember "measure twice and drill once".

Thanks for that, not sure what the leasing company might say! Could be off to mothercare!

Get a tint applied - looks a lot better and works better than any blind. I have used Tint Haus in the past but dealers usually have local contacts too........

IainP said:
Get a tint applied - looks a lot better and works better than any blind. I have used Tint Haus in the past but dealers usually have local contacts too........
I had tints on my previous S4, but didn't want permanent darkness again - wanted light in the winter and shade in the summer.

I've seen some blinds at Vagparts and they just screw onto the top of the door capping. Looks pretty rubbish TBH.

When we bought our car we got blinds on the order and their integrated into the doors. I believe it's only the door cappings that are different so you should maybe look at that if you don't want it looking like an afterthought.

Macduff said:
When we bought our car we got blinds on the order and their integrated into the doors. I believe it's only the door cappings that are different so you should maybe look at that if you don't want it looking like an afterthought.
It's the whole door trim that changes - the cappings are NOT available as a separate item.

Before going for the Audi accessory blinds I looked into the cost of retrofitting the fully integrated blinds - worked out at nearly £1000 by the time you had bought the blinds and two new rear door trims.

Decided that was too much and that I could live with the accessory ones!!!