1.8T REMAP HANDLING.....

ABOO

Reaction score
Am looking at getting either a 1.8T FWD, or QUATTRO over next couple of months. Have driven both obviously, but both cars were standard. If I was to get the 2wd, what is traction like in the dry, I can imagine what its like in the wet!!!!

Also what sort of figures, 0-60,0-100 and 1/4 mile would a mapped 2wd 1.8t be around with remap,exhaust and downpipe/sports-cat...

Cheers , Kev.......:)

i did a 1/4 mile in mine a few years ago when it only had a map and no other mods and i did a 15.2 im fwd, and there is no point trying to do a full power take off in the wet as you wont go anywhere.

now i wont be happy if i dont pull a early 14 with all ive done and with the nitrous im hoping to get into the high 13's

If you can afford quattro then get it, as if you do any power mods the quattro will put the power down much better, you can get a new diff for the FWDs which helps, i only have a problem in very wet conditions as my tread is non existant other than that its fine, also bare in mind the quattro is normally 25-40 bhp less than the FTW what ever the power is as there is a large loss through the quattro system.

I am happy with my remap and turbo upgrade on a FWD, as soon as the proper map is done i will know what she is putting down, but its in the region of 230 i think, i want eventuall to have 200bhp @ the wheels, thats my aim.

She will light up easily, but with a bit of worl you can get off the line very well without spinnig and/or bogging it down

I held a 2wd 1.8t off without much problem, mine is a quattro with an exhaust and FMIC, not convinced the power loss is noticeable from one to the other as the extra traction is a significant advantage. you can get on the power so much earlier and carry it into and through corners

get the quattro

jcb said:
I held a 2wd 1.8t off without much problem, mine is a quattro with an exhaust and FMIC, not convinced the power loss is noticeable from one to the other as the extra traction is a significant advantage. you can get on the power so much earlier and carry it into and through corners

get the quattro

Possibly becasue the quattros have 180 engines in them normally to compensate for this loss.

Markey said:
Possibly becasue the quattros have 180 engines in them normally to compensate for this loss.

doesn't everyone have that then ; )
Actually I thought the 2wd came in both...wondered why it was so easy!

come back in a month ; ).........
I am dropping in a 2.0l block and a GT2871...

already have the turbo (well kind of....long story!)
not looking for nutty power. could have gone GT3071 for not much more lag, but I went 2l to drop the power band by a few hundred revs and up the torque a bit.
GT2871 .64A/R will give me 300-350bhp without any trouble (expecting circa 300 atw) and with the 2l block I hope to have 200bhp of that on tap below 4k rpm and somewhere around 200ftlb torque below 3500.

its a quattro 5 speed so I have been quick picky about power delivery and matching it with how I drive.

off topic but I just got the remap, 4" MAF and 630cc injectors!! very exciting