where to get a s3 performance clutch

bazza s3

Reaction score
as above where can i get 1 thankyou for your help

Sachs performance are good. Not had one on my S3 but on my previous motor I never had any problems. That was a remaped TDI150 so probably had more torque than the S3

JBS in Chesterfield sell these. Think I got mine from Tripple8 performance.

Ive got a Sachs clutch on mine, and i wouldn't ever ever get one again! its almost like a Paddle clutch, its either on or off! very hard to get used to!

edward_harris said:
Ive got a Sachs clutch on mine, and i wouldn't ever ever get one again! its almost like a Paddle clutch, its either on or off! very hard to get used to!

What other performance clutches have you had that are not like Sachs?

I bought mine from backdraft motorsport give them a ring and see what they say mine drives really nice not harsh at all ...

sounds stupid, but what does a performace clutch do compared to normal ?

I've got a Sachs Organic clutch, fitted by JBS, bought through a Group Buy on SeatCupra.net. Not had any problems with mine.

Rick - performance clutch can cope with a greater torque output than standard. I'm lead to believe the standard clutch is good for around the 300 lb/ft torque mark. Mine is pushing 311 lb/ft hence the Sachs Organic which is good for 330 or 340lb/ft.

Mine was fitted at APS when i had all the work done on my car! Ive driven loads of my mates cars that have uprated clutches in them and they are all better!

thanks, on a normal S3 remap, how much torque you looking at,

and how much does a performace clutch cost, as mine all needs replacing

I dont think you need them on a remapped s3. Alot of people have said they have a standard clutch with remapped cars and have had no problems. I think its only when you keep launching the car you will really kill it!

My car was fine for about 25k of driving after the remap, but it went last summer at about 58k total mileage.

Rarely do any fast launches, but it went after a rare attempt by me to drive quickly down some country roads which involved a few stops at junctions & hence quick pull aways.

The torque output you get with a remap will vary greatly depending upon which company does the work, and if you have any other mods. I've got an MTM one on mine, which is known for giving a strong torque curve. I think anything from about 270lb/ft to 315lb/ft is what you can get. With the standard clutch 'good' for somewhere around the 300 lb/ft mark, as Ed says, most people get away with it following a remap.

Im running an MTM clutch kit apparently, been told its one of those paddle ones, was a bit funny to get used to but love it now, dont even mind it in heavy traffic now