2005 B7 A4 S_Line Suspension..Help!!

mountainmile

Reaction score
Anyone here know if the suspension on a 2005 B7 A4 S-line sits lower than the other model A4,s?. Im looking to lower the car (which is identical to andyollies black car with RS6,s) slightly ,but as the spring manufacturers such as Eibach,Koni etc only list a fitment for a B7 A4 and dont specify anything special for an S-Line ....if its already slightly lower than a standard car ,a drop of say 30mm wont be 30mm on an S-Line !.
A previous Subaru devotee and always found the forums there the only place to get proper answers ,so am hoping now im an Audi convert the experience will be the same here.
Any help much appreciated and merry xmas to all
scoobyspecb@yahoo.ie

some one correct me if im wrong,the sport model sits 15-20mm lower than a standard a4 and the s-line sits 25-30mm lower than standard a4.

You need to go lower than 40mm (i think) if you want to notice the difference,go for a coilover kit(best option)

As for your s-line springs,when there up for sale,let me know!

I assumed it was already sitting lower than a standard A4 and was afraid to waste money on a set that drop 30mm only to find it sits exactly where it is now!!! I reckon u may be right but will hang on to see if anyone else says similar.As for selling the S-Line springs...if i go the coilover route would the S-Line springs not fit or is it always a kit with coilovers and springs from same manufacturer?

coilovers come as a kit and you can adjust the height to where you want it.

so by using coilovers you dont change your original springs??

Coil overs are the spring and damper in one unit that allows for variable adjustment is ride height. When you fit them you remove both the old springs and shocks