Folding Mirrors In While In Motion

audigrr

Reaction score
Does anyone know the vagcom code to enable me to fold my mirrors in whilst on the move, I currently have to be at a complete standstill? they do fold back out whilst in motion.:friends:

Gaz

I think they will fold in when moving but only up to around 5MPH.

It would be handy to be able to fold them at higher speeds so when you meet someone on a narrow country lane you can fold them in.

It'd also be nice to have them fold in automatically when you lock the car and unfold when you unlock but I doubt that's possible.

audigrr said:
Does anyone know the vagcom code to enable me to fold my mirrors in whilst on the move
There isn't a VAG-COM code to enable the mirrors to fold while moving.

And there isn't a wire you can cut either - the module that controls them gets the speed signal via the CAN bus and you can't disconnect that without breaking lots of other functions and getting loads of errors logged.

They "should" fold when are going less than 10km/h (5mph).

Automatic folding when locking the car also isn't a feature - although I seem to remember someone posting on RS6 how to do it by adding a couple of relays.

PetrolDave said:
Automatic folding when locking the car also isn't a feature - although I seem to remember someone posting on RS6 how to do it by adding a couple of relays.

Seen a few people who have done this with the addition of two time delay relays to open and fold them when you lock/unlock the car.

Issac Hunt said:
Seen a few people who have done this with the addition of two time delay relays to open and fold them when you lock/unlock the car.
That's the mod I was thinking of - I can't find a link to it, can you?

Hi there.
There is no adaption or coding so the mirrors fold while in motion.
Have comfirmed it with Audi Tech dept ,due to being asked by many Audi owners to do this option..

donvas said:
There is no adaption or coding so the mirrors fold while in motion.
I already said that in my first post in this thread .... which is why we have moved on to show how to add the feature using two timer relays and some additional wiring (see the audizine link in Isaac's post above).