Front speaker.....Rubbish!!!!!

ridgy666

Reaction score
Recently purchased an a4 Cab which I love.....one problem, the stereo or should I say 1 speaker is pretty S**te. Its the one right at the front under the windscreen which runs parallel with the dash. As soon as give it a bit of ooomph it starts with the noise! Like a tinny speaker does. As anybody tried replacing this speaker, it looks one hell of a job! Anybody had similar probs?

You need to disconnect it. It's the centre "speech" speaker tuned to the frequency of a baby crying. If you have the non-Bose system then just pull the HU and snip one of the 2 thin speaker wires that bridge the left & right channels on the brown speaker ISO plug. They're really easy to spot as they are thinner than the other wires.

Cheers fella, i can now finally listen to Steps how they were meant to be played!!!

ridgy666 said:
Cheers fella, i can now finally listen to Steps how they were meant to be played!!!

After giving this problem consideration it would appear that the solution would be to disconnect all speakers to achieve optimum performance while playing Steps!