Debadging my car

Leave the rings!!!!! ive debadged the rest but left the rings and it looks sweet

I've just got the rings on the back, but they are black rather than chrome, which match the black rings & black grille surround on the front.

I removed the rings! Looked ace!

Also de-wipered as it was a free mod and i thought it looked the nuts! Just needed a 20mm blind grommet to plug up the hole in the glass which i found in the garage! Didnt ever leak either!

13.03.07_011.jpg

mitch78 said:
I've taken the rings off the back of mine and sprayed the front rings black. Can't decide whether to take the S3 badge off the back, I want to but I'm finding it hard to bring myself to do it!

i took the s3 badge off the back, then a week later i found myself back in the dealers ordering another!! lol

just stuck to the standard pre-facelift S3 badge

Well i can say the rings have gone and i mus say it looks dam good as i have also taken the rear wiper off
Dunno what to do with the front rings now. I have black haylo lights and my car is ming blue (quite dark) and the rigns are in ya face and stand out loads. Do i spray them black? or just spray the surround?

jcs356 said:
I've just got the rings on the back, but they are black rather than chrome, which match the black rings & black grille surround on the front.

Pics! Pics! :)

You guys do realise how much we all pay for that badge, dont you..........?

I'm of the VW Scene persuasion, I WANT my car to look like a 1.6

Its all about the stealth.

In fact, I'd probably run on banded steels if a set came up cheap enough.

simch said:
You guys do realise how much we all pay for that badge, dont you..........?

lol, i thought that, however.....

the 1.8t and a3 are coming off the weekend, are they also just stuck on?

ash, i cant made up my mind, i like it, but not sure if its too smooth looking for me.

Dave_Bayern said:
I'm of the VW Scene persuasion, I WANT my car to look like a 1.6

that was the best thing about having a GTI with a "Golf CL" badge on it. When most had big bumpers and sunstrips, it was much cooler to have small bumpers with no wheel flares. The number of annoyed "Driver" drivers was priceless.

Sadly I have a standard A3, prefacelift era.
Wondering what it would look like with just the Audi rings?
I guess this is a very simple mod to do and very effective.

My car is in aluminimum Silver and because I havent started the mod scene yet will it look strange?

Plans are to not to spend too much on the car as I know simple mods can learn to more complex ones later in life :)

For now Im going to try to debadge, then clear sidelights and changing front and rear headlights.

However due to a new kitchen rebuild and holidays in sight, what would be a cheap mod to do firstly?

can anyone tell me how i am able to remove the 'a3' and '1.8' badge on my audi...iv been wanting to do it for a while but dont know how

How do you debadge it?

ie. what tools, what spray to cover any marks, etc

Really curious about this, Google doesn't bring up much

I use a hair dryer to heat the sticky stuff up from behind the badge, when hot very carefully peel away the badge, for leverage I use a flat head screw driver, a very very small one!!

When the badges are off I use white spirit, how water and a cloth and lots of elbow grease to remove the remaining glue.

A debadged car is a happy car :)

I have just debadged mine an fitted a proper glass insert in the rear wiper hole, i thing it looks good and a lot cleaner?

HPIM0654nn.jpg

Car's looking good Jay,

Where did you get the glass insert? I was going to get one there about 30 quid though?

Ive just got a cheap rubber bung at the mo lol.

Also what aerial is that? Ive got a CTR one but your one looks TINY!

J

I have one left guys if you want one im charging £12 + p+p. I got 10 of them and sold 9 of them to local VW lads in my area.
My aerial was of german ebay just spotted it whilst i was on there, but its gets crap reception.

Bong Water said:
I use a hair dryer to heat the sticky stuff up from behind the badge, when hot very carefully peel away the badge, for leverage I use a flat head screw driver, a very very small one!!

i done the same but used dental floss to run down the back of the letters to prise them off and nail varnish to clean the last bits of sticky off

Why do u wanna get rid of the audi bling :/
i understand all the other stuff, but leave the rings x