Connecting my PC to my Pioneer Plasma

pav-g

Reaction score
Hi guys need a bit of advice on this one. As title says is it possible to do this and if so what do I need. I like to watch some of my downloads on the plasma rather than burning them on disk plus my dvd player only plays UK dvds.

thanks in advance

You'll probably find a VGA type port on the back of your TV, you should be able to get a cable (you may already have one in use if you have a desktop PC) to simply link them together, then the plasma becomes the PC monitor and away you go......

Hope this helps.

I've just plugged the VGA lead into the back of my lcd from the video out on the graphics card. I've then got a picture-in-picture of whatever's on tv in the corner so best of both worlds.

you may also have a DVI out on your graphics card? If you do and the Plasma has HMDI inputs you can use DVI-HDMI like i do. This way you can Duel monitor i have mine set up to watch movies on the LCD TV (powred by windows media) and i can still use the PC's monitor to search the web. or you can have the same on both screens if you wish.

Check out this cable :-

http://www.cableuniverse.co.uk/catalog/images/large/New_Pictures/W-DVI-HDMI_LRG.jpg

if you do not have the DVI out you can pick up graphics cards capable of running two screens from £20