ReMap Dillemma

A3_Turbo

Swaying towards IHI....
Reaction score
Hi,

Went down to custom code saturday and as i thought they couldnt map my car there due to it being an early version ECU and they said they'd need to send it off i couldnt have it sent off as i was 40 miles from home and i needed the car for work. Didnt want the extra expense of hiring a car etc either.

I went to Quattronics for a Revo Map a while back Now mustom code cant do it either just a little bit annoying thats all! I spoke to APS who i usually use for everything and they reckon they can definitly map it without sending it off etc.

What makes APS different to CC and Revo?? All i want is a remap :lmfao:

Jason

They are a proper company! lol Id take it there anyway! id always use them after they did my car!

Because you have an older ECU, it doesn't have enough internal memory to hold any more information I.E an additional map. That's a very basic explanation.

They unsolder the existing chip and solder on an EEPROM chip which can then be loaded with an off the shelf map, or indeed mapped properly.

The likes of Jabba usually start with a base 225 map and work from there.

The later ECU's have a slightly enhanced version with more capacity to store information.

In answer to your question, APS have the knowledge/experience/expertise to unsolder and re-solder the chips without damaging the board, REVO and CC resellers are just laptop monkeys usually, ok I'm generalising but my experience is that anyone can become a reseller with a little instruction.

I see yeah spoke to Ed yesterday basically APS make the map there where as i went to storm and they dont make the map they're take it they're just agents?

I booked it in at APS any-way, just a shame they dont have a rolling road really.

But hey hopefully third time lucky!

Jason

A3_Turbo said:
I see yeah spoke to Ed yesterday basically APS make the map there where as i went to storm and they dont make the map they're take it they're just agents?

I booked it in at APS any-way, just a shame they dont have a rolling road really.

But hey hopefully third time lucky!

Jason

Hey mate, i know its been a while but what are the results of you getting this remap done by APS? Did you get any good gains? Where is APS by the way?